The Student Room Group

Off the Pill

I started the pill (brand - Rigevidon) last July, right after I turned 15 to help with my horrible, heavy, irregular periods, not for contraception, but it is still a pill for birth control so I will post here. I am 16 next month so of course I have been on the pill for around 11 months which compared to a lot of people is not a long time to be on the pill for.

Yesterday I decided that I would stop taking the pill because ever since I started taking the pill I started to feel rather low. This included feeling more dull, upset, and anxious. I have had anxiety related issues before and they go through my family (both of my parents have been diagnosed with 2 anxiety disorders, and my grandmother has been diagnosed with 1), but ever since I started taking the pill I have definitely noticed that I have felt much worse. However, there is a much more personal side effect that has been bothering me a lot. I've lost my libido completely. Due to being young, I am not sexually active, but before I was on the pill I was just like your typical teenager - highly interested. Although there is currently no relationship for it to potentially ruin, I am almost of legal age in my country (next month) so I think that gaining my libido back is important. I miss being able to please my self as well, and I do not feel like myself with my libido gone.

How long do you all think my body will return back to normal? How long did it take for your libido to come back? Is there anything I can do if my libido only returns partially or doesn't come back at all? I'm really worried right now! I don't want my future sex life to be doomed when I haven't even experienced not even a slight bit of the fun. I really do not want to feel ashamed of my body and feel like I've missed out on a lot.
Original post by libidothief
I started the pill (brand - Rigevidon) last July, right after I turned 15 to help with my horrible, heavy, irregular periods, not for contraception, but it is still a pill for birth control so I will post here. I am 16 next month so of course I have been on the pill for around 11 months which compared to a lot of people is not a long time to be on the pill for.

Yesterday I decided that I would stop taking the pill because ever since I started taking the pill I started to feel rather low. This included feeling more dull, upset, and anxious. I have had anxiety related issues before and they go through my family (both of my parents have been diagnosed with 2 anxiety disorders, and my grandmother has been diagnosed with 1), but ever since I started taking the pill I have definitely noticed that I have felt much worse. However, there is a much more personal side effect that has been bothering me a lot. I've lost my libido completely. Due to being young, I am not sexually active, but before I was on the pill I was just like your typical teenager - highly interested. Although there is currently no relationship for it to potentially ruin, I am almost of legal age in my country (next month) so I think that gaining my libido back is important. I miss being able to please my self as well, and I do not feel like myself with my libido gone.

How long do you all think my body will return back to normal? How long did it take for your libido to come back? Is there anything I can do if my libido only returns partially or doesn't come back at all? I'm really worried right now! I don't want my future sex life to be doomed when I haven't even experienced not even a slight bit of the fun. I really do not want to feel ashamed of my body and feel like I've missed out on a lot.

I didnt experience those particular side effects but the ones i did disappeared between one and two months after stopping it.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
I didnt experience those particular side effects but the ones i did disappeared between one and two months after stopping it.

Yeah, hopefully I get my libido back. I don't want to lose it. I've heard people getting it back after 5 days, some after a month, some after 6 months, some after a year, and some after never.
Yeah, hopefully I get my libido back. I don't want to lose it. I've heard people getting it back after 5 days, some after a month, some after 6 months, some after a year, and some after never.

As you're so young and didnt take it for too long, i wouldnt worry about you not returning to your old self.
Reply 4
Original post by claireestelle
As you're so young and didnt take it for too long, i wouldnt worry about you not returning to your old self.

Yeah very true :biggrin:
Reply 5

do you have snapchat?

Quick Reply

Latest