Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Elderly People

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

The topic If an elderly is rude towards me why cant I be rude towards her posted by nerdling_CompSci got me thinking about Elderly people and that is elderly people are all the same they are bad tempered and rude as they're allowed to be rude to other people while they aren't allowed to be rude back

They complain about modern society of not having respect what about them they themselves show little respect towards others for example they never give up a seat on a bus to anyone such as a pregnant woman or a person with young children and when you are being polite to them for example when you hold a door open for them or stand to one side to allow them to pass by and they never bother to say thank you

The ones who still drive are a pain to other road users and if anyone on here who drives may know what I mean. While the elderly people that use mobility scooters tend to ride them in the road as well as parking them in parking spaces or park them in door ways so that no one else can get in or out of a shop or blocking a Aisle so that no one can get past or get an item from the shelf

Elderly people also tend to hold up lines in shops and everyone else has to wait just to pay for a single item along with wasting their own GP's time when there's nothing medically wrong. Elderly people aren't as nice, sweet and innocent that most people make them out to be as it is just an act to get away with what ever they want

Massive generalisations there. Like in every age group, you get rude old people and nice old people. Most of the oldies I've dealt with have been perfectly pleasant and polite.

Don't agree with this generalisation.

Heh @ generalisation city.

Not fair to generalise I think, old people are people just like everyone else so the idea they are ALL sweet and kind or ALL mean and grumpy is just not right. With regards to respect etc, do bear in mind how horrible being old actually is..half the people they've grown up with have died, they can't walk more than a few hundred metres at a time, often have chronic pain in various parts of their body, any day could be their last. So for that reason I give them some leeway, but yeah I don't think it gives them an excuse to be a hypocrite or anything.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 2, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.