The Student Room Group

Graphic Design bachelor's - uk and abroad courses?

Hello!

In need of some help. Im 26 and looking to apply for my first degree in Graphic Design. I'm really interested in studying abroad but am having massive difficulty in finding courses! I've been looking in Europe but would be happy to go further afield depending on price. Does anyone know of any decent graphic design degrees abroad? Or how on earth to navigate the internet to find a list? (I have been typing graphic design bachelor's degree into google and I keep getting sent to hot courses abroad, or study in stockholm, which gives me a list of unrelated degrees or masters.)

Thank you!
Hey :smile: I'm looking for BA graphic design courses too and I would love to do a year abroad. I'm assuming you're looking for courses that are taught in english? One way of finding them would be to look at a university's study abroad options, they would normally list all the unis abroad offering the course often taught in english. Or if you just google "best graphic design unis in ...(U.S)" it will come up with a rankings table for that particular country. Some of the suggestions: hong kong polytechnic university is amazing, one of the best in the world and offers the course in english too. There are a few in Germany: BTK university of art&design, Macromedia university of applied sciences, they offer media and communication design BA. RMIT University in Australia, Emily Carr University of Art and Design (Canada) also have graphic design/communication degrees. There's plenty in America: http://gdusa.com/features/top-design-schools/highest-honors-2016-top-design-schools
I'm going to vouch for the Art Direction and Graphic Design courses at Westerdals Oslo ACT. Check them out!
Reply 3
Original post by InnocentAngel
Hey :smile: I'm looking for BA graphic design courses too and I would love to do a year abroad. I'm assuming you're looking for courses that are taught in english? One way of finding them would be to look at a university's study abroad options, they would normally list all the unis abroad offering the course often taught in english. Or if you just google "best graphic design unis in ...(U.S)" it will come up with a rankings table for that particular country. Some of the suggestions: hong kong polytechnic university is amazing, one of the best in the world and offers the course in english too. There are a few in Germany: BTK university of art&design, Macromedia university of applied sciences, they offer media and communication design BA. RMIT University in Australia, Emily Carr University of Art and Design (Canada) also have graphic design/communication degrees. There's plenty in America: http://gdusa.com/features/top-design-schools/highest-honors-2016-top-design-schools

Thank you! This is really helpful!
Original post by rozzi222
Thank you! This is really helpful!

No problem! :smile: are you looking into graphics too?
Original post by rozzi222
Hello!

In need of some help. Im 26 and looking to apply for my first degree in Graphic Design. I'm really interested in studying abroad but am having massive difficulty in finding courses! I've been looking in Europe but would be happy to go further afield depending on price. Does anyone know of any decent graphic design degrees abroad? Or how on earth to navigate the internet to find a list? (I have been typing graphic design bachelor's degree into google and I keep getting sent to hot courses abroad, or study in stockholm, which gives me a list of unrelated degrees or masters.)

Thank you!

Hey there Have you heard of Ravensbourne?
We are in London and next to the O2 arena.

Check our Graphic course! 3 years duration and the requirements you need is all in the website! Also other Ravensbourne courses you might be interested in! To see it for yourself, come and visit us so you can talk and meet current students and tutors Register here for the Open day!

Hope this helps! and Good luck!
Ahlia :u:

Quick Reply

Latest