The Student Room Group

Why can we not all accept each other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by -Anonymous_Girl
It really doesn't. Just because a few do bad things with a religion doesn't mean the whole religion has to be reformed. And as I said to someone else before, how does it oppress women? I'm a Muslim woman, and I'm not oppressed. And, to be honest, society became more secular, so Christianity lost its influence, it never reformed.

Exactly! Preach sister.
Original post by Onde
Well, for example, the first tenet of Islam, that all Muslims must follow is to recognise that "There is no god but God (and) Muhammad is the messenger of God."

The book that Muhammad spread his message is the qur'an, and that is full of passages that condoned perpetual war, genocide, murder, slavery, rape, torture, and so on, often expecting that Muslims carry out such atrocities against non-Muslims (including heretics).

Muhammad himself was responsible for many such crimes against humanity, and was one of the worst people who ever lived.

Hi there :smile: Evidence?
Original post by student.feed
Says the one with a Hitler looking person as their profile picture, ok boo.

That is not even a argument, for one he is not hitler. It is from a book by George Orwell called 1984. Two even if it was you have not addressed my post.
Original post by Onde
Read the qur'an, and look at Muhammad's actions.

I am Muslim therefore I have read the Qur'an. Next point? :smile:
Original post by -Anonymous_Girl
Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him) did no unjust thing. If you bothered to open your eyes you would see that. 'The worst people who ever lived'? I would consider Hitler and Stalin one of the worst people who ever lived, you want to put Prophet Muhammad in that bracket? The Quran promotes living a peaceful and tolerant life and that those who have wronged in this life, will be punished in the next. If the Quran was what you think it is, wouldn't every Muslim be a terrorist because the Quran is the word of God and we should follow the word of God? So, shouldn't all Muslims support war, genocide, murder, slavery, rape and torture, if we all follow the same book? Your ideas are so flawed.

Yes A peaceful and tolerant life*
Only applies to those who are Not. A woman, A nonbeliever, A person who is not straight,

And if you think Christianity has never reformed you need to educate yourself
Clashing opinions obviously.
Original post by 0to100

Very true. #LEGEND. :tongue:
Original post by 0to100

Yes.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
Very true. #LEGEND. :tongue:

Just found out I failed and have to retake and pay on my own for a module. Which means I ain't goin back to Uni. Simple as. Cuz I can't afford and I damn sure aint telling my mum either. Oh wellz. :\ I contacted the Head and asked for an explanation and any alternative steps, waiting for a useless response. :\
Original post by 0to100
Just found out I failed and have to retake and pay on my own for a module. Which means I ain't goin back to Uni. Simple as. Cuz I can't afford and I damn sure aint telling my mum either. Oh wellz. :\ I contacted the Head and asked for an explanation and any alternative steps, waiting for a useless response. :\

Awwwhh :frown: I feel sorry for you mann. I would really help you pay but I'm broke myself and don't work yet so.. I think it's better not to cuz of how yanno unpredictable they may be. Feel your pain, sorry about that. Poor you :frown:
Awwwhh :frown: I feel sorry for you mann. I would really help you pay but I'm broke myself and don't work yet so.. I think it's better not to cuz of how yanno unpredictable they may be. Feel your pain, sorry about that. Poor you :frown:

Yea I know I'll have to sort it on my own if I can, and not tell her a word about it, she will kill me
Original post by 0to100
Yea I know I'll have to sort it on my own if I can, and not tell her a word about it, she will kill me

Damn, poor thing. oh wow that's deep :frown:
Damn, poor thing. oh wow that's deep :frown:

Yea I've not heard back from the head who I just contacted when I saw my results but I'm damn well sure that I'll be put on academic suspension because of this **** which means I can't get sfa/student finance nor benefits even. I'm just gonna...murder someone. Out of pure fury and giving no ****sness lol
Original post by 0to100
Yea I've not heard back from the head who I just contacted when I saw my results but I'm damn well sure that I'll be put on academic suspension because of this **** which means I can't get sfa/student finance nor benefits even. I'm just gonna...murder someone. Out of pure fury and giving no ****sness lol

That's just mean like. :frown: What u meant to live off, they should still support you financially. I'm here if you rlly wanaa, lool :smile:
That's just mean like. :frown: What u meant to live off, they should still support you financially. I'm here if you rlly wanaa, lool :smile:

No it's fine I knew this had a possibility of happening. I gotta figure it out, I dunno.
Original post by 0to100
No it's fine I knew this had a possibility of happening. I gotta figure it out, I dunno.

If you need some help you can msg me if you like! :smile: I just had a nosebleed LMAO, blood on meh lips like ew. :frown:
1. Quote me a phrase from Muhammad (Peace Be Upon Him), kidda that said those exact words. 2. And if you knew anything about Islam, you would know that he never invented the religion. There were tens of prophets before him with the same message, so it just shows how much you know about Islam. 3. Muhammad is not a 'schizophrenic' nor a narcissistic psychopath, he did what was right and just and condemned torture. I think if you actually had any knowledge, you would know that Muslims were tortured by non believers in the time of the prophets and tortured for it. So to support torture would mean to support what was happening to Muslims at the time. His judgement was fine and much higher elevated than yours, clearly.
If you need some help you can msg me if you like! :smile: I just had a nosebleed LMAO, blood on meh lips like ew. :frown:

You've got your own probs :\
Original post by 0to100
You've got your own probs :\

No, no dw about em! You can tell me anything anytime! :smile: Parent's probs are for life, just leave em in the distance lol :tongue:
Original post by maskofsanity
Until religion (particularly Islam) has been reformed then eradicated, "acceptance" and "peace" are terms of fiction.

Why do you wish to see religion eradicated?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending