Original post by mero22
My nose looks similar to this.

maxresdefault.jpg

in all fairness your nose is fine. Calm the head lawd
Reply 22
Original post by mero22
My nose looks similar to this.

maxresdefault.jpg

That looks absolutely fine. And there is literally like 0 ****ing difference in that 'before' and 'after' pic rofl.

Learn to love yourself goddamit!
Reply 23
Original post by eden3
That looks absolutely fine. And there is literally like 0 ****ing difference in that 'before' and 'after' pic rofl.

Learn to love yourself goddamit!
@AaronElliott69

It's my face that I have to see in the mirror everyday. So I find things which can be improved on my face...... I just want my nose to be way more straighter but I don't want people to call me fake.
Reply 24
Original post by mero22
@AaronElliott69

It's my face that I have to see in the mirror everyday. So I find thinks which can be improved on my face...... I just want my nose to be way more straighter but I don't want people to call me fake.

It really upsets that you feel that way. Listen I've been there before especially when I was around your age, because my nose is REALLY big and crooked (been hit in the nose many times lol). And I was bullied throughout school as a result of my appearance, by both boys AND girls. Yet here I am today, finally accepting myself and I wouldn't change a thing about how I look. It makes me, me. So if I can be happy without getting a nose job then surely so can you.

I cannot stress how naive and young you are - your attitudes will definitely change over the next few years, there's so many more important things to focus on rather than your ****ing nose lol. Yes people will generally think you're superficial because you're altering your physical appearance just to gain the acceptance of others (which is the real subconscious reason you want to get a nose job, even if you aren't willing to admit that).

All I ask is that you wait a few years before you rush into a decision honestly. There's so much more important **** to stress out about lol. Like I said it's up to you at the end of the day, but don't expect to find new self-confidence & high self-esteem as a result of it. I'm just giving you a heads-up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wait, Your body is still changing and growing and if you get surgery now and then grow it could become disfigured as you grow. Personally, i would never recommend surgery because of the risks associated with it. You don't want to end up with some life threatening illness because you thinking you look bad. Also, it sounds like more of a self confidence issue which is likely to mean that if you remove one thing to be worried about, you are likely to find something else after.

I recommend trying to learn to love yourself. there is something about each of us we would love to change but dont. If you're really worried about it, instead of surgery i would recommend make up. Its cheaper and safer and then, as you feel more confident you can tone it down and just be yourself.

For tattoos your meant to pick a design and a place and like it for a year before you get it (my friends tattoo artist recommended this to her) so if you do still want to go ahead, you might want to adopt the same policy. Good Luck!

P.S. If you look like the woman in the photo i definitely thing you shouldn't get it, she looks beautiful before so why would she risk anything and spend so much to look almost exactly the same afterwards.
It doesn't matter if you think your nose is big, you're only 16.

You're face is going to change so much in the next 5 years there's no point getting it now.

If you're older and you've STILL not happy, then maybe, but there's no reason to rush.
Reply 27
Original post by eden3
It really upsets that you feel that way. Listen I've been then before especially when I was around your age, because my nose is REALLY big and crooked (been hit in the nose many times lol). And I was bullied throughout school as a result of my appearance, by both boys AND girls. Yet here I am today, finally accepting myself and I wouldn't change a thing about how I look. It makes me, me. So if I can be happy without getting a nose job then surely so can you.

I cannot stress how naive and young you are - your attitudes will definitely change over the next few years, there's so many more important things to focus on rather than your ****ing nose lol. Yes people will generally think you're superficial because you're altering your physical appearance just to gain the acceptance of others (which is the real subconscious reason you want to get a nose job, even if you aren't willing to admit that).

All I ask is that you wait a few years before you rush into a decision honestly. There's so much more important **** to stress out about lol. Like I said it's up to you at the end of the day, but don't expect to find new self-confidence & high self-esteem as a result of it. I'm just giving you a heads-up.

Thanks for the advice... The real sad part is I've wanted a nose job since I was 12 /13 which is very young but I thought about it for a very, very long time.
If I do get a nose job, I want to first make sure I don't get two f**** what people will say. I'm happy with how I look.. .. I just get really self concious about my nose . It's really controversial and i'm pretty sure people will judge me but if I feel confident then 0 f**** are given.
Reply 28
snapchats?
Reply 29
Original post by Samonia
Wait, Your body is still changing and growing and if you get surgery now and then grow it could become disfigured as you grow. Personally, i would never recommend surgery because of the risks associated with it. You don't want to end up with some life threatening illness because you thinking you look bad. Also, it sounds like more of a self confidence issue which is likely to mean that if you remove one thing to be worried about, you are likely to find something else after.

I recommend trying to learn to love yourself. there is something about each of us we would love to change but dont. If you're really worried about it, instead of surgery i would recommend make up. Its cheaper and safer and then, as you feel more confident you can tone it down and just be yourself.

For tattoos your meant to pick a design and a place and like it for a year before you get it (my friends tattoo artist recommended this to her) so if you do still want to go ahead, you might want to adopt the same policy. Good Luck!

P.S. If you look like the woman in the photo i definitely thing you shouldn't get it, she looks beautiful before so why would she risk anything and spend so much to look almost exactly the same afterwards.

I've thought about a nose job for a few years now. I've read a lot about how you should consult with a variety of doctors and see some of their work. I already buy so much make up from high end to drug store brands for myself because it's fun and creative. I've watched loads of youtuber's talk through what happens.
Thanks for the advice
Reply 30
Original post by CodeJack
It doesn't matter if you think your nose is big, you're only 16.

You're face is going to change so much in the next 5 years there's no point getting it now.

If you're older and you've STILL not happy, then maybe, but there's no reason to rush.

I've thought about it for years and I know. I might wait till I'm 18.
Reply 31
Original post by mero22
Thanks for the advice... The real sad part is I've wanted a nose job since I was 12 /13 which is very young but I thought about it for a very, very long time.
If I do get a nose job, I want to first make sure I don't get two f**** what people will say. I'm happy with how I look.. .. I just get really self concious about my nose . It's really controversial and i'm pretty sure people will judge me but if I feel confident then 0 f**** are given.

Since 12/13? You might have BDD. Best of luck to you, I've given all the advice I have on the topic.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/body-dysmorphia/Pages/Introduction.aspx
Reply 32
Original post by eden3
Since 12/13? You might have BDD. Best of luck to you, I've given all the advice I have on the topic.

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/body-dysmorphia/Pages/Introduction.aspx

I've read about BDD and I know for sure I don't have it
Reply 33
Original post by mero22
I've read about BDD and I know for sure I don't have it

Okay. Do whatever the **** you want to lol.
Dont let yourself get influence by the media and especially not the kardashians.
Be unique, be yourself.
Reply 35
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Dont let yourself get influence by the media and especially not the kardashians.
Be unique, be yourself.

Yes, when Kylie Jenner decided to get lip injections, thousands of people decide to get them too but I don't want to. A lot of people in society are influenced by the Kardashians.
Original post by mero22
Yes, when Kylie Jenner decided to get lip injections, thousands of people decide to get them too but I don't want to. A lot of people in society are influenced by the Kardashians.

Imagine, eventually all girls will look the same in the world. Where's the fun in that.
Also, botox and facial jobs are difficult to keep up with. I reckon it's a lot more attractive to not look perfect.
Reply 37
Original post by CorpusLuteum
Imagine, eventually all girls will look the same in the world. Where's the fun in that.
Also, botox and facial jobs are difficult to keep up with. I reckon it's a lot more attractive to not look perfect.

Thanks
Telling someone "your nose is fine" doesnt mean ****. It doesnt I am being dead honest.

If you are really insecure about your nose I apologise but if you think a nose job will boost your confidence then when you are a little older and you still deteste it then by all means get a nose job. It's about how you feel about your nose and nothing else.
Reply 39
Original post by loveleest
Telling someone "your nose is fine" doesnt mean ****. It doesnt I am being dead honest.

If you are really insecure about your nose I apologise but if you think a nose job will boost your confidence then when you are a little older and you still deteste it then by all means get a nose job. It's about how you feel about your nose and nothing else.

yeah, I think that if it makes someone happy then why not but some people disagree and say it makes you fake. People who hate plastic surgery will try to make other people feel bad for having plastic surgery.

Quick Reply

Latest