The Student Room Group

AQA HIS3J The State and The People: Britain: 1918-1964 2016

Scroll to see replies

Really struggling to remember everything!!
Someone help any tips to remember statistics and quotes???

Pleeeeeese urgently required
I hope you're right I can totally do General Strike and 1945 Election, that would be a dream
How did everyone find it??

I didn't think the questions were too difficult but tbh they were not what I was expecting at all!

I did 2 and 3 so Social Reform 1918-1951 (That one was a tough one - so much content to write about in 45 minutes!) and then Conservative dominance 1951-1964 (I liked this one although struggled a bit for historians :/ I managed to add in what I knew about post-war consensus as another factor which I was quite pleased about haha along with Weakness of opposition and also strong leadership of cons/their other policies rather than just the economic policies that lead to their dominance)
I done Q1 on Macdonald and Q3 on Conservative dominance. Q3 was a dream question, so much to discuss, can make so many synoptic links. Need 72/90 overall for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did Q1 and Q2, found it ultimately okay overall, I think the MacDonald one was okay overall but like Harriet said, the broad based question was huge, barely had enough time to finish my conclusion.
Original post by JackBowman112
I did Q1 and Q2, found it ultimately okay overall, I think the MacDonald one was okay overall but like Harriet said, the broad based question was huge, barely had enough time to finish my conclusion.

Ikr there was so much to write :/

I think my answer was okay but not sure if I messed up a bit on structure :/ I ended up doing it government by government rather than factor by factor as a couple of my other friends did sooooo :/
Original post by ChelseaGeek666
I done Q1 on Macdonald and Q3 on Conservative dominance. Q3 was a dream question, so much to discuss, can make so many synoptic links. Need 72/90 overall for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought Q3 was quite a nice one tbh but I couldn't think of many historians... who did you use??

72/90 jeez I'm just hoping to have got an A XD
Original post by HarrietLGH98
I thought Q3 was quite a nice one tbh but I couldn't think of many historians... who did you use??

72/90 jeez I'm just hoping to have got an A XD

I didn't use that many. Included different interpretations though. Seemed to be writing forever on that one. My potential grades are mad: needed a D on the exam to get a B overall but needed 100ums in exam to get an A and 109 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
I didn't use that many. Included different interpretations though. Seemed to be writing forever on that one. My potential grades are made: needed a D on the exam to get a B overall but needed 100ums in exam to get an A and 109 for an A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know what grade you need in the exam in order to get say an A? I got an A* in my coursework and a B last year but I retook
Because standard UMS for an A is 320. You need 320 plus 90% of A2 for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because standard UMS for an A is 320. You need 320 plus 90% of A2 for an A*.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes I understood that, I meant how did you work out that you needed a D in the exam in order to achieve a B grade overall? Also for this course you only need 82% for an A* because the grade boundaries are so low. It's usually 36/45 for an A*
Original post by snowwhite659
Yes I understood that, I meant how did you work out that you needed a D in the exam in order to achieve a B grade overall? Also for this course you only need 82% for an A* because the grade boundaries are so low. It's usually 36/45 for an A*

I added my AS UMS and my Enquiry UMS together. Came to 220. In June 2015, 60 UMS equated to 36/90 which was a D and would have a B overall. Standard A grade is 320. So therefore, need 100 UMS- 65/90 on June 15 paper but need minimum 107 UMS- about 70 marks for an A* as its 90% of A2 plus the standard 320. Aimed for 72/90 to be safe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest