The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you want this country to remain as a Christian nation?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trapz99
Yes. Britain should remain a Christian nation.

Original post by Jazzyboy
I don't care about whether Christianity declines or not, but I certainly want the government to further seperate itself from religion. The government shouldn't have a predefined religious standpoint.

Original post by XcitingStuart
I'd prefer atheism, but I'd take Christianity over Islam any day.

Did any of you read this?

The BBC's head of religion and ethics told students at the University of Huddersfield Wednesday that the Islamic State terrorist group is “of course” driven by “some form of Islamic doctrine,” despite the liberal media’s effort to keep religion separate.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/2/aaqil-ahmed-bbc-religion-chief-of-course-isis-is-d/
Original post by Audrey18

The BBC's head of religion and ethics told students at the University of Huddersfield Wednesday that the Islamic State terrorist group is “of course” driven by “some form of Islamic doctrine,” despite the liberal media’s effort to keep religion separate.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jun/2/aaqil-ahmed-bbc-religion-chief-of-course-isis-is-d/

No, but from your summary, why is it relevant to my post?

(Not to be mean but just curious.)

(Unless you were simply curious as well.)
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XcitingStuart
No, but from your summary, why is it relevant to my post?

(Not to be mean but just curious.)

(Unless you were simply curious as well.)

Inference. Implied. It is relevant to your post. The second option on the poll reads 'lean towards Islam'. I read the article on Washington Post and was shocked that the head of the BBC for Religion, would say something like that publicly.

and yes, I'm really hoping UK leaves the EU. She needs to get herself out of the mess she's found herself in.
Inference. Implied. It is relevant to your post. The second option on the poll reads 'lean towards Islam'. I read the article on Washington Post and was shocked that the head of the BBC for Religion, would say something like that publicly.

and yes, I'm really hoping UK leaves the EU. She needs to get herself out of the mess she's found herself in.

I didn't ask you to repeat the point.

But why / how (you thought) it was relevant? What were the inferences or implications of my post that caused you to post that / quote me?

Unless it was about my avatar, but then @Trapz99 had a polar opposite avatar to mine.

Of course ISIS is driven by Islam. They base their entire objective around helping Islam take over the world and for everyone to become a Muslim or face death. Pretty much everything they do (beheading, sex slavery, human trafficking, killing non-Muslims, terrorist attacks) are justified somewhere in the Quran. They are as Islamic as the Pope is Catholic.

Saying that they are not Islamic is pure delusion or an attempt at political correctness. We must call them what they are- Muslims following one interpretation of Islam.
I think it would be better as either a Christian or a Muslim country.
Atheist definitely, but I'd much prefer the status-quo of remaining a Christian country to Islam gaining any significant state influence. That prospect terrifies me. We can of course reduce any religious influence by prioritising teaching science in schools and, at least following the current trend, the population will naturally abandon their religious views.
Should stay Christian. If you don't like it then you move to a Muslim country ok. There is plenty off Muslim counties to choose from!!!!! if you tried to do a poll like this in a muslim country you wud get killed. Why are Islamic countries allowed to be Islamic?. But we have to become a Muslim country and the rest ? Enoch Powell was right.
Original post by paulpaul
Should stay Christian. If you don't like it then you move to a Muslim country ok. There is plenty off Muslim counties to choose from!!!!! if you tried to do a poll like this in a muslim country you wud get killed. Why are Islamic countries allowed to be Islamic?. But we have to become a Muslim country and the rest ? Enoch Powell was right.

What if someone is Jewish and wants a Jewish UK? :P There are more religions than just Christianity and Islam...

I'd like to see the UK move towards atheism and further separation of state and church! There should not be ANY religious leaders in the House of Lords.

I've read the Chronicles of Narnia and read about Aslan and him creating Narnia... Does that mean I should be given authority over creating UK laws?
Are you literally so dumb you can't read my comment? I talked about Muslims. I never said nothing about Jews.

Sorry I'm to young to know about narnia. You must be very old and stupid to. 😂😂

That's why I mentioned them 😂 You just assumed Jews didn't exist when they make up a reasonable percentage of the UK.

I recommend reading it! :smile: If 22 is 'very old' then sure, I'm old.
Stupid reply back.... lay of the booze. I'm only just 20 and have got two kids and another on way. I'm way smarter then you. Done way more with my life then you....... earn more Money then you......

This virus has been marked: Volative Chav

Please proceed carefully

Latest

Trending

Trending