The Student Room Group

AQA Mathematics MD01 Decision 1 – Friday 24th June [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Can someone remind me what the Chinese postman questions were for part (b) and (c)?
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
Did anyone else get P=£515 for the last question? I think I got X=21 and y=10, which gave £515

I got that answer
Reply 122
Original post by hi-zen-berg
Cheers. Wasn't it 2x≥y though?

Nah cause it said X had to be at least twice at large as y
Reply 123
Is the answer to the last question £520?
Original post by tajtsracc
The question said "x is atleast twice as many as y" which I'm sure is x 2y. So if for example y is 50 then x is 100, which is twice as many.

Original post by Hjyu1
Nah cause it said X had to be at least twice at large as y

ahhhh i see thx.

so i plotted 2x>y but got the correct subsequent x and y values (24 and 8) and correct profit

how many marks do u think I dropped?
M1 for wrong line
A1 for wrong feasible region?
ahhhh i see thx.

so i plotted 2x>y but got the correct subsequent x and y values (24 and 8) and correct profit

M1 for wrong line

Wrong line, Wrong FR, Wrong Inequality (first part of Q) so probably 3
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 126
I got that too, was your x = 24 and y = 8?

I know I got 8 and 20 something
I had a double exam today so my brain is fried so can't remember most the answers
ahhhh i see thx.

M1 for wrong line

I'm looking at the June 2015 paper and from the looks of it you probably lost only 2 (B1) marks, which is fine.

EDIT oh yeah another for getting the inequality wrong for the question before lol

Ok thanks guys. Think im sitting on 65/75 then

C3 really, really, really ****ed me up so i had my tryhard pants but what can you do.
Did anyone get £505 for the last question
Original post by Zack158
Calm ur tits you penguin virgin i bet you couldnt even get a ***** on bin weevils

oi m9 why u hatin on bin weevils its a gud game
Did anyone get 69 for the other upper bound, because it sounds like most people got 67?
Original post by Kayleigh216
Did anyone get £505 for the last question

I did and someone else earlier in the thread did but apparently it's wrong, should've been £520 or something.

I assume it will carry ft marks though for reading the wrong points...maybe...I didn't look at Decision mark schemes a lot before the exam
Most people got £520 in my class
any *UMS ideas for 65 raw?
Original post by mgill17
I did and someone else earlier in the thread did but apparently it's wrong, should've been £520 or something.

I assume it will carry ft marks though for reading the wrong points...maybe...I didn't look at Decision mark schemes a lot before the exam

I got £505 too, the last section was 3 marks so we should pick up atleast 1 ft mark.
any *UMS ideas for 65 raw?

83 UMS imo, 62/63 for an A
Original post by BanterBus
I got £505 too, the last section was 3 marks so we should pick up atleast 1 ft mark.

That's not too bad then. I did a rough count up assuming I'd got that wrong and I had about 61/62...but I was incredibly harsh on myself so that's a worst case scenario.

I really need an A but after how abysmal core 3 was I highly doubt it.
Original post by mgill17
That's not too bad then. I did a rough count up assuming I'd got that wrong and I had about 61/62...but I was incredibly harsh on myself so that's a worst case scenario.

I really need an A but after how abysmal core 3 was I highly doubt it.

Core 3 will be low dw :wink: Literally no-one I asked found it easy and twitter was going mental. 60 was an A last year so you should safely by around an A boundary, even if it goes up by 1 or two marks which it most likely will.
The question said "x is atleast twice as many as y" which I'm sure is x 2y. So if for example y is 50 then x is 100, which is twice as many.

If I put 2x>y and then did my profit thing right from my line, do you reckon I get error carried forward?
Original post by BanterBus
Core 3 will be low dw :wink: Literally no-one I asked found it easy and twitter was going mental. 60 was an A last year so you should safely by around an A boundary, even if it goes up by 1 or two marks which it most likely will.

ffs I hope so I reckon I got about 40 in core 3! It was horrid.
I think the highest for an A in D1 was maybe the 64 mark? so even if they do go higher than 1 or 2 marks it's still a B...I hope

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending