The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS French exam - 6th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've heard a lot of weird things for this one. I said that antibiotic resistance might make meat more expensive and said that was already happening in China. (It's not.)
Original post by Najlac
Ohh, i did IGCSEs so it might be different. I think the grade boundaries will be slightly lower than last year's because although the writing was easy, many people found the reading a lot harder than previous years.
Anyway, what other subjects do you take? :smile:

I hope they'll be lower; my teacher said they'll probably plateau this year because last year they were the highest they've ever been, but last year's paper was still pretty hard despite the high grade boundaries, hence my apprehension! I do English lit, Chinese and fine art as well as French, what about you?
Reply 42
Original post by scoutingfinches
I hope they'll be lower; my teacher said they'll probably plateau this year because last year they were the highest they've ever been, but last year's paper was still pretty hard despite the high grade boundaries, hence my apprehension! I do English lit, Chinese and fine art as well as French, what about you?

Hopefully we'll do well. Ohh, that's interesting. Did you do Chinese at gcse or is it your first time studying it? I can imagine that would be difficult, unless you're a native speaker. I take Maths, Biology, History and French.
For the surf one I put for some of the questions

2) he goes to morroco to surf
4) the club reuses material
5) young Moroccans can start to surf

(Are any of these right)(I think at least 2)

Also for the last listening I didn't mention the price of rent was expensive but I put that prices in general were lower (which it did say!!) ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elen90
Ok so here's what I got for some of the listening questions...ish. Let me know what I've got wrong.

A - augumente
B - agees
B - rester hydrate
A - rafraichir le bebe

Tout le monde est bienvenue
Meme une petite baisse peut reduire la facture
En couverant the thingy (what did it mean?) l'eau se rechauffe plus rapidement
Certains laissent leurs appareils branches

La totalite
Obtient
Applaude (or something to that extent)
Creer des nouvelles emplois

And for the reading...

The last guy never does his shopping online and had his credit card stolen
The first guy got into trouble with the law
The first girl lost money because of her children
The second girl had her identity stolen and sent bad messages to friends

I got weird looks from the invigilator for this question because the stock photos were so hilariously bad and I was biting my lip to stop laughing.

I don't think it was 'tout le monde est bienvenue', was it? I swear it was something about the one with 'economise' in it, because it was talking about saving money?

Also I didn't put refraichir, I put C (I think it was saying you should keep the baby away from the sunlight) but either one could be right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 45
Original post by james..michael
I don't think it was 'tout le monde est bienvenue', was it? I swear it was something about the one with 'economise' in it, because it was talking about saving money?

Also I didn't put refraichir, I put C (I think it was saying you should keep the baby away from the sunlight) but either one could be right

Posted from TSR Mobile

See, that one confused me. I am pretty sure that it was 'tout le monde est bienvenue' (or something along those lines) because in the listening it pretty much said that, and a tick box was for that point. It mentioned these people could learn how to save 60 euros a month, but didn't explicitly mention that they did so through lowering the temperature or whatever that checkbox was. So instead I mentioned the one about even a little raise in temp could make the bill a lot more expensive ("on recommande 16 degres. Un degre plus, c'est 6% en plus sur la facture"). Not sure though.
Original post by elen90
Ok so here's what I got for some of the listening questions...ish. Let me know what I've got wrong.

A - augumente
B - agees
B - rester hydrate
A - rafraichir le bebe

Tout le monde est bienvenue
Meme une petite baisse peut reduire la facture
En couverant the thingy (what did it mean?) l'eau se rechauffe plus rapidement
Certains laissent leurs appareils branches

La totalite
Obtient
Applaude (or something to that extent)
Creer des nouvelles emplois

And for the reading...

The last guy never does his shopping online and had his credit card stolen
The first guy got into trouble with the law
The first girl lost money because of her children
The second girl had her identity stolen and sent bad messages to friends

I got weird looks from the invigilator for this question because the stock photos were so hilariously bad and I was biting my lip to stop laughing.

On the first reading - which person had two crosses?

Also for the last one - what were the people's attitude towards the policemen / why do women get in Less accidents when they pass the speed limit / why do women go over the speed limit

Also in the last reading exersise for the quote as the first question I put that women drive better than men (men account for 75% of car deaths) so they are more dangerous- is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47

Also for the last one - what were the people's attitude towards the policemen / why do women get in Less accidents when they pass the speed limit / why do women go over the speed limit

Also in the last reading exersise for the quote as the first question I put that women drive better than men (men account for 75% of car deaths) so they are more dangerous- is that right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The second guy, who had his credit card stolen and doesn't do online shopping anymore. I got that one wrong as I had the first guy twice.

Attitudes - they believe they're trying to trap them
Fewer accidents - they don't surpass it as much as the men
Why do they go over - they're not paying attention

That sounds right, provided you clarified that you're talking about men being the more dangerous ones but I'm sure that was pretty clear :h:
Reply 48
En couvrant le *casserole - means by covering (basically putting a lid on) the *saucepan...
(I think it was approuve)
& yeah the photos were funny :smile:
Original post by Najlac
Hopefully we'll do well. Ohh, that's interesting. Did you do Chinese at gcse or is it your first time studying it? I can imagine that would be difficult, unless you're a native speaker. I take Maths, Biology, History and French.

Fingers crossed! Yeah, our school offers it so I did it at GCSE and I wasn't planning on taking it this year, but I managed to get an A* at GCSE which I wasn't expecting so I took it anyway:smile: The course we're doing is the Pre-U course which is much more accessible to native speakers so although it's really difficult the A-level would be much harder! That's cool, I really admire people who do Maths at A-level - for me it's way more difficult than Chinese haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard the verb accuelir which means to welcome (like bienvenue) so I'm pretty sure that one was the answer
Reply 51
En couvrant le *casserole - means by covering (basically putting a lid on) the *saucepan...
Reply 52

Posted from TSR Mobile

Félix had two crosses.
I said people feel like the police are always out to get them but i kind of lifted the phrase from the text. For women getting in accidents less i said they go past the speed limit only by a little bit. I said the women go past the speed limit because of not paying attention. Your last answer sounds right. :smile:
Original post by elen90
The second guy, who had his credit card stolen and doesn't do online shopping anymore. I got that one wrong as I had the first guy twice.

Attitudes - they believe they're trying to trap them
Fewer accidents - they don't surpass it as much as the men
Why do they go over - they're not paying attention

That sounds right, provided you clarified that you're talking about men being the more dangerous ones but I'm sure that was pretty clear :h:

For the surf one I put for some of the questions

2) he goes to morroco to surf
4) the club reuses material
5) young Moroccans can start to surf - I didn't put anything for gliding on water (that sounded like I lifted it too much)

(Are any of these right)(I think at least 2)

Also for the last listening I didn't mention the price of rent was expensive but I put that prices in general were lower (which it did say!!) ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 54
Original post by scoutingfinches
Fingers crossed! Yeah, our school offers it so I did it at GCSE and I wasn't planning on taking it this year, but I managed to get an A* at GCSE which I wasn't expecting so I took it anyway:smile: The course we're doing is the Pre-U course which is much more accessible to native speakers so although it's really difficult the A-level would be much harder! That's cool, I really admire people who do Maths at A-level - for me it's way more difficult than Chinese haha

Ohh nice! It's cool that you're managing two languages at the same time
Original post by Kats86

What was the first bullet point on the writing that you had to talk about?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matt78
Don't think rafraichir was right on the first question it said to wrap the baby in something

it said to wrap the baby in something cold, so i think rafraichir was right as it means 'to cool'
What were the bullet points in the essay again?
Reply 58
Original post by Bobbyboy123
What were the bullet points in the essay again?

Don't remember how exactly they were worded in French so i'll say it in English;
•do you like going to restaurants
•what do you think about the prices of meals at fast food joints
•how do you think restaurants will change in the future
•would you like to work in a restaurant
Original post by Najlac
Don't remember how exactly they were worded in French so i'll say it in English;
•do you like going to restaurants
•what do you think about the prices of meals at fast food joints
•how do you think restaurants will change in the future
•would you like to work in a restaurant

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending