The Student Room Group

Partner's fluctuating interest level.

I'll try to be quick about this.

Me and my girlfriend were together for two years and slowly she lost interest over the last 6 months or so, and it came to a head last month when we were having loads of issues and she kept prioritising going out to drink with her friend and these new lads over meeting me to talk it over. She ended up forgetting about our plans to go for drinks one time and I finished her on the spot.

She tried to move on and ended up 'seeing' two different lads (which were the same ones she put off meeting me to go and drink with) and it didn't work out for her, so she came running back.

Now we see eachother regularly and she classes us as 'seeing eachother' yet at times she will have little to no effort for me (i.e. reading my messages and not replying for hours) she never used to be like this and to me it's just plain rude.

How can I let her know that this hot and cold stuff will just end up with me leaving her without outright saying it? She seems to have low respect now, how can I regain it?
Tell her how you feel and tell all this to her face. That's about it :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
I'll try to be quick about this.

Me and my girlfriend were together for two years and slowly she lost interest over the last 6 months or so, and it came to a head last month when we were having loads of issues and she kept prioritising going out to drink with her friend and these new lads over meeting me to talk it over. She ended up forgetting about our plans to go for drinks one time and I finished her on the spot.

She tried to move on and ended up 'seeing' two different lads (which were the same ones she put off meeting me to go and drink with) and it didn't work out for her, so she came running back.

Now we see eachother regularly and she classes us as 'seeing eachother' yet at times she will have little to no effort for me (i.e. reading my messages and not replying for hours) she never used to be like this and to me it's just plain rude.

How can I let her know that this hot and cold stuff will just end up with me leaving her without outright saying it? She seems to have low respect now, how can I regain it?

Are you even still in a relationship with her, she clear;y doesnt love you or care about you. Shes just using you, when she finds someone better than you she will probably leave you. I think you should just leave her because she seems to have zero interest in you now.
Reply 3
To be honest, it doesn't sound like there is or was any respect to regain. You can't make her have respect for you, or make her like/love you. If she was that into you then she wouldn't have run away in the first place. She came crawling back to you when she realised that the grass isn't greener on the other side, and that she could run back to you when things turned sour with the other two guys. Two.

You pretty much answered your own question in the first paragraph: "slowly she lost interest over the last 6 months". You're just a convenience for her now.

Considering you've already given her a second chance recently (which is admirable of you), I would just tell her how you feel about her attitude towards you, and how you don't like being used, and break it off. There are plenty of other girls out there who wouldn't dream of treating you in a way that's anything less than you deserve.

Sorry if all that was quite harsh. It's hard to let go because you were with her for so long before all this stuff started happening. But she's already made herself and her position clear in my eyes, and sometimes you need to look at the reality of the situation rather than salvaging a relationship that'll end in more hurt for you when she goes and leaves you again :/

If you really do want her to change her ways and stay with you, then you need to put your foot down and tell her that you won't accept her not being 100% in the relationship, and if she continues doing what she's doing, then you're leaving. Personally I don't think that'll work because she doesn't seem invested in the relationship any more.

Whatever the outcome, I hope it ends well for you :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending