The Student Room Group

is an F better than a U at GCSE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mayhem™
Do you know your alphabet? If so then you should know where they both stand :smile:

d4f907a4e6c643dd4a39f75e464ffe4160e2680c52363930ba83c4f11ff02227.jpg
Original post by InternetForumE

Cool video, but I think the only answer they need to give at this point is:

'If you want a site that's well-moderated, make your own website. Whoever's paying the hosting costs for this site has the right to have it moderated however they wish'.

Yes, the moderation here has it's problems; but if you want better moderation so badly, just go make your own site and have your own moderation rules.
Original post by Tinka99
I love History it's my favourite subject and I am at an A* in it mainly because I like it. History is a lot of work, contains a lot of essay writing as well as a lot of memory work. If you put the effort into revising History it's all good but it's not a subject for a person who can't be bothered to put the work in. To be good at History good writing skills are vital as History is literally essay writing.

Yep, I know. :lol: I take History, and I simply can't write essays, which is probably why I'm doing so badly in it.
Original post by longshot100
As much as I love History, I can't seem to get the darn exam technique, and that's what always faults me, and made me grow to hate the qualification, not the subject.

I'd say it's more the thought of writing long chunks that gets to me (our school tricked us with exams that basically focused on knowledge in KS3..).
Reply 43
Original post by Jazzyboy
Practically, anything below a C is basically worthless. No employer or university cares about any grades below a C.

So the moral is; work hard and try to get C+s in everything. (or Bs or As ideally. A lot of unis require B+ in Maths and English)

I agree with you. :smile:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Yep, I know. :lol: I take History, and I simply can't write essays, which is probably why I'm doing so badly in it.

I'd say it's more the thought of writing long chunks that gets to me (our school tricked us with exams that basically focused on knowledge in KS3..).

And the things they teach you in KS3 are about Mughal India and the british empire: topics which have no use to GCSE history, as GCSE is more politics and motives.
We didn't have Fs :/

X for not completing the qualification
U is ungraded (i.e. fail)
E - A* are the grades

U was directly below E on the scale.
And the things they teach you in KS3 are about Mughal India and the british empire: topics which have no use to GCSE history, as GCSE is more politics and motives.

At least the topics were interesting! :dontknow:
At least the topics were interesting! :dontknow:

That's the thing! It's genuinely interesting, but you have to know a lot about it though :argh:
That's the thing! It's genuinely interesting, but you have to know a lot about it though :argh:

I know.. Even on the source questions, they except us to know a bunch of facts and statistics. :grumble:
I know.. Even on the source questions, they except us to know a bunch of facts and statistics. :grumble:

I'm gonna just go and write a list of statistics now... That's the only way to please them. Even if they're slightly inaccurate, you'll probably be ok. Probably...

Quick Reply

Latest