The Student Room Group

Bipolar?

My mom always talks about my moods swings: I can be extremely happy and excited one minute then the next I'm extremely upset, sad and some other stuff which may get removed if I put them in this thread but then I can get too angry to the point I want to smash everything up and hit the wall then a few minutes after be fine again?.So my mom thinks I have bipolar? What do I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Courts_Rara
My mom always talks about my moods swings: I can be extremely happy and excited one minute then the next I'm extremely upset, sad and some other stuff which may get removed if I put them in this thread but then I can get too angry to the point I want to smash everything up and hit the wall then a few minutes after be fine again?.So my mom thinks I have bipolar? What do I do?

Your best bet would be to see your GP about this :smile: No-one on TSR is placed to diagnose illnesses ^^
Mood changes in people with bipolar occur way less often than what you've stated you experience.
Original post by Sabertooth
Mood changes in people with bipolar occur way less often than what you've stated you experience.

They all don't happen at the same time like on the same day if you get what I mean?
Original post by Deyesy
Your best bet would be to see your GP about this :smile: No-one on TSR is placed to diagnose illnesses ^^

Going to a go would mean asking my parents to take my to the doctors and last time I saw my doctor was about self injure... But I'll think of a way to see my GP somehow :smile:
They all don't happen at the same time like on the same day if you get what I mean?

Yes. Even rapid-cycling bipolar has moods lasting a few days.

I agree with Deyesy that you should go to your GP if you're worried.
Reply 6
Going to a go would mean asking my parents to take my to the doctors and last time I saw my doctor was about self injure... But I'll think of a way to see my GP somehow :smile:

Are you not able to get to your GP without your parents help? :smile: You could always let a teacher know too and see what they suggest about what your mum thinks? :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
Yes. Even rapid-cycling bipolar has moods lasting a few days.

I agree with Deyesy that you should go to your GP if you're worried.

Awe yeah. I'll figure out a way how to without my parents knowing!
Original post by Deyesy
Are you not able to get to your GP without your parents help? :smile: You could always let a teacher know too and see what they suggest about what your mum thinks? :smile:

No I can't, last time I saw my GP was about self harm and similar stuff.. Talking about disorders with my mom would set her off on all spy again

I would,but I can't talk to teachers about it if you get what I mean? I can't because they either hate me or that I've just known them and I just do t have the confidence to do it

Quick Reply

Latest