What do you need help with?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Hannahmagee592
In need for help with revision media studies, I am studying
-Film; Philomena, Skyfall and Star Trek
-Music; Beyoncé, Foo Fighter and Ed Sheeran
-TV; Strictly Come Dancing, Broadchurch and House of Cards

I am doing Skyfall and House of Cards and I can provide you with notes from those if you need. But what do you need specifically??? Typing up all my written notes since AS would be time-consuming.........
What is everyone's predication for section B, do you think marketing will come up?
Reply 4
Original post by charlottelucy19
What is everyone's predication for section B, do you think marketing will come up?

Might do. I have only seen a couple marketing questions but they are usually with something like 'Discuss the importance of social media in the marketing and promotion of your three main texts.' . But I think that came up last year so I don't think it is really likely that it will come up. I think regulation is more likely.
Original post by kanyebest
Might do. I have only seen a couple marketing questions but they are usually with something like 'Discuss the importance of social media in the marketing and promotion of your three main texts.' . But I think that came up last year so I don't think it is really likely that it will come up. I think regulation is more likely.

Marketing came up last year and the year before.. but the trend is normally there is 2 audience questions and the rest is either regulation, marketing or digital technologies. What industries are you doing?
Reply 6
Marketing came up last year and the year before.. but the trend is normally there is 2 audience questions and the rest is either regulation, marketing or digital technologies. What industries are you doing?

Television and Music. I will probably do TV for the regulation question or if there's a global appeal question. And leave Music to the marketing or digital question.
Television and Music. I will probably do TV for the regulation question or if there's a global appeal question. And leave Music to the marketing or digital question.

That's what i'm doing. I'm going to focus Television on the audience question and leave Music for regulation/marketing.

What musicians have you chosen?
Reply 8
That's what i'm doing. I'm going to focus Television on the audience question and leave Music for regulation/marketing.

What musicians have you chosen?

Rihanna, Plan B and a indie group called Dry the River. Which ones are you doing???
Rihanna, Plan B and a indie group called Dry the River. Which ones are you doing???

Beyonce, Melanie Martinez and for British I think One Direction. But it is compulsory that you have to have a group? Because if not, i'll do Jess Glynne
May be too late but does anyone have tips on how I can improve my time management?
Original post by dalvin_sey
May be too late but does anyone have tips on how I can improve my time management?

2 and a half hours for the exam, right?

spend 1 hour for section A (as you only answer one question)
then spend 45 mins each for answering the 2 questions in section B

thats how I'm doing it, hopefully this is useful, I'm sure many people are doing it this way haha good luck
Original post by emfrancesjean

thats how I'm doing it, hopefully this is useful, I'm sure many people are doing it this way haha good luck

Thanks bud. I'll be doing exactly that. Good luck to you too!
Original post by Hannahmagee592
In need for help with revision media studies, I am studying
-Film; Philomena, Skyfall and Star Trek
-Music; Beyoncé, Foo Fighter and Ed Sheeran
-TV; Strictly Come Dancing, Broadchurch and House of Cards

My teacher has said from day 1 if you can't remember something, basically chat **** and you'll most likely be fine. Obviously don't make up anything that sounds completely obscure but the examiner is not going to fact check anything you say. For example if you say in a representation question that there is a high angle shot on Georgia May-Foote in strictly which shows her provocative costume, this could be an example of male gaze/ beauty myth blah blah blah. They're not going to check that such a shot actually exists. If you're revising last minute focus on the theories and ideas around the case studies rather than technical codes as you can to a point just make these up.
Original post by emfrancesjean

All three questions are 30 marks so spend the same amount of time per Q
50 mins per essay, so 5 min planning time and 45 min writing
Think section A will be genre and narrative bc this combination last came up in 2013, section B I think will be audience positioning and targeting and then industry regulation and use of stars.. Could be a horrible exam
Reply 16
new technology - is anyone just looking at internet or are you looking at it as a whole?
Original post by lhar091
new technology - is anyone just looking at interneht or are you looking at it as a whole?

I'm doing video games so am literally just doing digital things so graphics cards pure hair that kind of thing. Might be risky as social media came up last year so they might ask about more practical tech
Reply 18
Original post by shaunnaob
I'm doing video games so am literally just doing digital things so graphics cards pure hair that kind of thing. Might be risky as social media came up last year so they might ask about more practical tech

awh okay. So i'm doing film, i should just look at film production etc?
feel like all my notes are wrong
Original post by lhar091
awh okay. So i'm doing film, i should just look at film production etc?
feel like all my notes are wrong

Definitely still keep the Internet stuff though as it could ask a question on technology as a whole. Yeah I would talk about things like IMAX cameras 3D conversion stuff like that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending