Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these symptoms related & anything to worry about? (Periods)

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

FYI if you don't like period descriptions don't read this.
    So I'm 15 usually pretty healthy, and I've been fairly regular for about 3 years at least. On April 23rd (ish) I had my normal scheduled period, but it was abnormally light (brown dry and not really like fresh blood at all), but I shrugged it off. Then May 9th, 15 days before my next was due I had another. Didn't think much of it, it was annoying to have a bonus period and A LOT heavier than normal but I assumed it was just to make up for a lack of a proper period before. Then on the 30th May I had another, and especially today (June 2) it's been incredibly heavy, to the point of unbearable cramps and nearly passing out multiple times (this has never happened).
    I've also had about 6-8 inexplainable bruises, mainly on my thighs, all within about a month. Another time I lightly banged my knee and it bruised - this would never normally happen, I don't bruise much usually.
    I've also been extremely tired (but it is exams so) and have found myself getting very lightheaded if I stand up, a lot more than normal.

Are these things possibly connected or am I overreacting over nothing?

Thanks x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get periods like that sometimes especially around now due to exams and stress however I think you should probably visit a doctor because of the pain and that! I wouldn't worry too much as periods are crazy, you'll be fine 😜 Maybe if you've had sex it could mean something else....
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.