The Student Room Group

Cheated on my GF of 2 years with an old flame.

Scroll to see replies

I genuinely don't understand why people do this. :frown: I take relationships (and ideas of loyalty, trust and honesty), extremely seriously, so it's kind of sickening to see this kind of behaviour. If you want to cheat while in a relationship, at least split up beforehand and be only slightly repulsive.
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
I genuinely don't understand why people do this. :frown: I take relationships (and ideas of loyalty, trust and honesty), extremely seriously, so it's kind of sickening to see this kind of behaviour. If you want to cheat while in a relationship, at least split up beforehand and be only slightly repulsive.

Because not everyone considers fidelity and loyalty to be important. I think its weak behaviour and has more to do with how you treat other people, especially one you claim to care about. Disrespectful.

Dont lose your ideals sloth, not everyone is like that.
You want your ex it would seem but how is that now? Have you spoken about reuniting? If so tell your gf it's not right or fair on her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 999tigger
Because not everyone considers fidelity and loyalty to be important. I think its weak behaviour and has more to do with how you treat other people, especially one you claim to care about. Disrespectful.

Dont lose your ideals sloth, not everyone is like that.

Thank you, I don't think I could lose them even if I wanted to. :smile: I'm so glad that someone else understands what I'm talking about.
I have been cheated on and all i can say is go **** yourself quite frankly, you have behaved disgustingly and i pray to the skies and above that when you tell your girlfriend you feel like **** and then realise that she was the one and she doesn't take you back. I think that it takes a lot to trust someone and I personally have the worst trust issues due to the lack of respect that I have received which will possibly stay with me forever. Ideally you should have ended it when you saw this "flame" and knew that you wanted her. At least then you would only be a 8/10 on the ******** scale.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by WhimsicalSloth
Thank you, I don't think I could lose them even if I wanted to. :smile: I'm so glad that someone else understands what I'm talking about.

His life and I can see how it happened, but some people like to treat others in a way they would like to be treated. Hopefully she wont beat herself up and better to have found out now rather than waste any more time. Its important to recognise that its about a lot more than the sex. If there is no trust and you cnat rely or respect someone, then its dead imo.
Original post by Anonymous

X

OP, I just have to ask, after you break up with your GF, then what?

You're in France for two months, and then presumably, you'll go back home and do what? Would you move to France for this new/old flame or would she move back with you, or would you have an LDR?

Also, are you even going to tell this old flame that you had a GF when you first reconnected, that you practically threw away for her? Will you tell her that you'd made her the other woman, when she'd assumed you were single?

Who knows, maybe she won't forgive you for lying either, and then you'll end up with neither. How poetic.
At least go on a “break” with your current GF and tell her you need to “sort out your feelings.” Give her a reason to suspect that things are fading (at least on your part) so she realizes that youre probably going to breakup with her don’t wait until after exams or when you return in two months! However, you might just feel like you don’t “love” her as much anymore because the two of you are so far apart right now, and the act of “bumping into an old flame” is definitely exciting! Try to reflect on your feelings without being biased in favour of wanting the “ex who slept with you while away on business,” as that excitement can cloud your judgement. Salvage your 2-year relationship if you want… if not, best of luck to your girlfriend when the two of you end. I would be absolutely crushed if my current boyfriend of 1.5 years just up and left me for a fling he met out of stupid impulse and excitement while outside of the country. No one deserves that.
Original post by cassiezie
At least go on a “break” with your current GF and tell her you need to “sort out your feelings.” Give her a reason to suspect that things are fading (at least on your part) so she realizes that youre probably going to breakup with her don’t wait until after exams or when you return in two months! However, you might just feel like you don’t “love” her as much anymore because the two of you are so far apart right now, and the act of “bumping into an old flame” is definitely exciting! Try to reflect on your feelings without being biased in favour of wanting the “ex who slept with you while away on business,” as that excitement can cloud your judgement. Salvage your 2-year relationship if you want… if not, best of luck to your girlfriend when the two of you end. I would be absolutely crushed if my current boyfriend of 1.5 years just up and left me for a fling he met out of stupid impulse and excitement while outside of the country. No one deserves that.

This was posted 2 years ago!
Reply 69
Original post by toohottohandle
Don't say anything to your girlfriend back home. She will not understand and will dump you!

As she should!
Next time don’t think with your ****

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending