The Student Room Group

How to recover deleted photos on Xperia Z5?

wow, really a bad fortune. I have hundreds of photos on Xperia Z5 and I need to deleted part of them because the storage is in short. So I cleaned the phone with AirDroid, which lets me manage the device on a computer. However, i just mistakenly deleted a bunch of photos. I checked the recycle bin but they are not there. What to do to restore the deleted photos?
Reply 1
Impossible to get them back like we usually do to recover deleted files on a computer?
Original post by arlanick
wow, really a bad fortune. I have hundreds of photos on Xperia Z5 and I need to deleted part of them because the storage is in short. So I cleaned the phone with AirDroid, which lets me manage the device on a computer. However, i just mistakenly deleted a bunch of photos. I checked the recycle bin but they are not there. What to do to recover photos on Android?

There's an app called UNDELETE FOR ROOT USER but u need ur phone rooted to run the app. it'll recovery deleted files such as pic, vid, etc. the freeware support recovers deleted pic/image while the pro version recovers almost all deleted file types. root ur phone first if u wanna use this app.

and other solution is try Android data recovery, I personally sued trail version to scan my phone and recover deleted messages and photos, the trail version can recover 30 photos, hope it's helpful to you.
check this article: how to recover deleted photos from Sony Xperia

PS: You may need to root your Android phone so that program could identify your device, don't forgot to back up your phone data.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Runkellly
There's an app called UNDELETE FOR ROOT USER but u need ur phone rooted to run the app. it'll recovery deleted files such as pic, vid, etc. the freeware support recovers deleted pic/image while the pro version recovers almost all deleted file types.

I tried that app before. It can't scan any deleted photos on my phone.
Reply 4
There's an app called UNDELETE FOR ROOT USER but u need ur phone rooted to run the app. it'll recovery deleted files such as pic, vid, etc. the freeware support recovers deleted pic/image while the pro version recovers almost all deleted file types. root ur phone first if u wanna use this app.

and other solution is try Android data recovery, I personally sued trail version to scan my phone and recover deleted messages and photos, the trail version can recover 30 photos, hope it's helpful to you.

PS: You may need to root your Android phone so that program could identify your device, don't forgot to back up your phone data.

It seems UNDELETE doesn't work on Android, you'd better use professional Android recovery tools.
(edited 7 years ago)
Select your Sony Xperia phone and scan it. Next, your Sony Xperia phone will be listed as a drive letter, now, select it and click Scan to find the lost photos. You can use the Filter Options if you want to recover deleted photos only.

and other solution is try Mobiledic Android data recovery, I personally sued trail version to scan my phone and recover deleted messages and photos, the trail version can recover 30 photos, hope it's helpful to you.

if you have a backup on Gmail or dropbox, then you can easily restore your data.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sorry but it is a permanent delete, only the police can recover deleted photos, if you had made a copy on your PC they would be safe.
If you have deleted them they are doomed, you will not get them back. I have lost very valuable photos and videos from vacations in the past also, but I used Mobiledic Android data recovery program to scan my Android phone and recover deleted photos from Android phone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
You didn't have any backup? Now, you can only use some 3rd party recovery tool like FonePaw Android Data Recovery or Wondershare which can recover deleted files on Android phone. And you can also recover songs, contacts, messages, videos, WhatsApp data etc. Here is a tutorial about how to recover deleted photos on Sony Xperia.
Reply 9
If the deleted photos stored in sd card and haven't been overwritten, then you can use professional card data recovery (Support all memory cards: SD, CF, MMC, XD picture, memory stick, SDHC, USB ) or Android Recovery (Support all Android phones: Samsung, HTC, Sony, etc) tools to get them back.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
You can still recover lost photos from android before the deleted data were overwritten by new data, an android data recovery could recover lost data from your phone without any backup file, try Coolmuster Android Data Recovery, it could recover lost text messages, contacts, photos, etc.
Reply 11
To recover those deleted photos and videos, you need to use Android Recovery Mac to recover data from Sony Xperia Android phone and tablet device, this will make sure that the deleted photos and videos data remains there and not overwritten by new files.
Hello, maybe it is too late to answer your question, but I just come out a solution of how to get back your Sony Xperia phone lost photos, it is not difficult to access this data. Just few steps to do that. Actually, you can regain lost photos on Sony Xperia phone by using Sony photo recovery software, it is helpful.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes, before the deleted photos are overwritten, it's possible to get them back from Xperia Z5. We just need Coolmuster Lab.Fone for Android, connect it to computer. It will scan out your Xperia Z5, if they are not overwritten, they will be displayed on program window. Just preview and choose them to recover.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by arlanick
wow, really a bad fortune. I have hundreds of photos on Xperia Z5 and I need to deleted part of them because the storage is in short. So I cleaned the phone with AirDroid, which lets me manage the device on a computer. However, i just mistakenly deleted a bunch of photos. I checked the recycle bin but they are not there. What to do to restore the deleted photos?

Hi Arlanick, Xperia Z5 is a Android Smartphone and good news is Android phone photos, videos, audio files recovery is possible with the of free tool such as Stellar Data Recovery for Android. Which easily recover deleted or lost photos, videos, audio files from your Android phone internal memory storage. Thanks!

Latest