The Student Room Group

CIE A Level English Literature Paper 5

Hi all :smile:

I have a question about Paper 5 - Shakespeare and other pre-20th Century Texts.

I've been reading the syllabus recently and one point confused me: how many passage-based questions are we supposed to answer? The syllabus says "At least one of the questions candidates answer must be a (b) passage-based question chosen from either Section A or Section B".

The part that confuses me is that they say "at least one" question must be passage-based, which implies we can answer more than one such question. But then it says it must be either from Section A or B - so does that mean we can answer a passage-based question in only one section?

Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by ekania
Hi all :smile:

I have a question about Paper 5 - Shakespeare and other pre-20th Century Texts.

I've been reading the syllabus recently and one point confused me: how many passage-based questions are we supposed to answer? The syllabus says "At least one of the questions candidates answer must be a (b) passage-based question chosen from either Section A or Section B".

The part that confuses me is that they say "at least one" question must be passage-based, which implies we can answer more than one such question. But then it says it must be either from Section A or B - so does that mean we can answer a passage-based question in only one section?

Thanks in advance!

Hi!
You can definitely answer both passage based, that's what everyone in my lit class is going to do, and our teacher said you can
Reply 2
Original post by sara_od
Hi!
You can definitely answer both passage based, that's what everyone in my lit class is going to do, and our teacher said you can

Thanks so much for the reply!

My own teacher confused me because she insisted that it can only be one of each - but then I read the syllabus and wondered whether she had misinterpreted it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending