The Student Room Group

Boys paid 13% more pocket money

Scroll to see replies

girls only waste their money on morning after pills and fat burners
May be this is to balance out the fact that men, for nearly four generations, have been paying 5 yrs longer than women for their pension. What % does that work out? Funny you don't see that being talked about
I never got pocket money.
Reply 23
Was just about to post this. Hold the front page - boys getting 70p more pocket money than girls! F*cking hell someone just shoot me. Never mind that 'boys' commit suicide at 4 times the rate of girls lets talk about pocket money!
Original post by BasicMistake
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36440161

This is indeed the most nefarious conspiracy I have ever come across. Shame on those who cast doubt upon the wage gap.

Oh please, don't unnecessarily start an argument based on such trivial things.
Reply 25
How could you say that when this story so explicitly demonstrates the long and omnipotent arm of the patriar- f*ck it, I can't be arsed anymore.

I seriously hope you're joking.
Reply 26
Original post by caravaggio2
May be this is to balance out the fact that men, for nearly four generations, have been paying 5 yrs longer than women for their pension. What % does that work out? Funny you don't see that being talked about

Don't talk soft..it's not possible to discriminate against men. Men working longer for their pension despite dying earlier is perfectly ok. Ok it's not fair.. and we hear feminists 'who care about men too' fighting against this oppression every day! Ok, we don't again.

Women want power and that is all there is to it. We live in a super feminised world. Seriously tempted to move to Russia or something where men are still men.
Girls spend too much, women too. Guys spend less. Mainly Games, Football, Sports stuff

My pocket money was 10p at Junior, 50p at Primary then £1 at Secondary rising to £2 I saved it mostly to buy stuff. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
because boys need more money to take girls out on dates, probably.
Original post by Business Boy
I'm a Jehovah's witness and I find your comment offensive. I think you should delete it as I have reported it.

Why is it offensive? Explain or just stop talking.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36440161

This is indeed the most nefarious conspiracy I have ever come across. Shame on those who cast doubt upon the wage gap.

Naturally.

Men contribute more to society.

They deserve more pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got more money off my dad than my sister or brother!I ended up getting £30 a week when the family finances were much better than they are now then there was a recession when my nana died, I lost my pocket money off her obviously then and since my mam got money off her then things got much worse and my pocket money slipped down to £15 a week I think and then now things have got worse as none of us gets Child Tax Credit now so I only get £5 now.

I ended up getting £30 a week in the good times by cleverness converting things my parents gave me into money instead(Pizzas twice a week, betting money my dad put the bet on though, I also got an extra £1 because I use part of my Free School Meals money to buy a packet of Grapes and had that for tea instead of what my mam gave me) and I also got £5 for going to Morrison's each week.
(edited 7 years ago)
Bullcrapola

Lol, it reminds me of a time when I was staying over at a host family's house in Paris. There was this girl who would make PowerPoint presentations and present business plan-like proposals on why she should get an increase in pocket money - she was already getting more than her bro - and most of them were things like: going to the cinema more often to 'improve and develop' her social skills, buying make up to learn how to 'become more of an adult' etc, etc. She was like 10 years old as well lmao, impressively she convinced her mom to give her the extra (it was like an extra €20 a week aha), despite the poor pitch.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
Original post by SGHD26716
The wage gap is a myth believed by those who want to be offended. See a YouTube video about the gender pay gap by Christina Hoff Sommers

It's a myth? If it was a myth the new Major of London wouldn't be mentioning it in his manifesto :smile:

http://www.sadiq.london/introduction_manifesto
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by Nidhoggr
Naturally.

Men contribute more to society.

They deserve more pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You deserve a slap in the face with a shovel :smile:
Original post by shuu00
It's a myth? If it was a myth the new Major of London wouldn't be mentioning it in his manifesto :smile:

You're correct it isn't a myth, but the confusion comes from Marxist feminists putting it down to sexism.
The "earnings " gap comes from choices freely made by men and women in their careers, what subjects to study, whether to work in higher paid dangerous dirty jobs, work longer hours and men purely following the money when women choose better work life balance to the detriment of raw wages.
Women unmarried with no kids aged between18 and 32 earn 8% more than men. The change comes when they choose to have children.
Guess what? When men make the career choices that women make, shock horror, they earn less than the average man too.
It's no coincidence that men outnumber women in the top ten difficult/paying professions and women outnumber men in the bottom ten difficult/paying professions. The top ten most difficult don't pay the most because more men choose them, .....more men choose them because they are the best paying. There is nothing stopping women from choosing these jobs in fact the government spend a fortune trying to get women to freely choose them.
If you get nothing else from this wall of words, look up "the Norwegian Gender Paradox" on google or yt. The less "patriarchal" a country is and more they make it easier for women to choose these careers the less they freely choose them.
Another thing, ask yourself this, why do you not know one woman earnings 75 p on the pound for exactly the same job, same skill level, same place of work, let alone in numbers that would lead it to average out at75%
Btw the mayor of London spouts this despite knowing the truth, for the same reason Obama does, because he is massaging the egos of 55% of the voters and more than that the vast majority of swing voters.
Ask any Labour mp what the gender wage gap is for the people they employ at their headquarters and you will be treated to stoney silence.😊
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 36
Original post by shuu00

It has been disproven many times. I think he was just trying to get the vote of feminists. It is illegal to pay a woman less than a man. Also, if women are payed less and men payed more, why are men hired at all by companies if they can save money by hiring a woman?
This gender pay gap does not take into account hours worked per week, position, job tenure etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending