The Student Room Group

Hmrc operational delivery profession (surge and rapid response team) offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Onomskky
You send the dbs certificate to Civil Service Resourcing BSS
Room BP3302
Benton Park View
Longbenton
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1YX.
Send the certificate asap because without it HMRC won't bother with your employment check.
Try calling DBS Tuesday as my forms got to them 2 days later after my call.

The letter said send ur dbs only if you receive an email telling you to send it. The dbs will tell them if it's clean or not. So they already know
Original post by Onomskky
Got my dbs today and it looks alright. @Niriden and @KottonKandi, the dbs result will have little or no impact on your application unless you send it to HMRC. Your employer has the final say and would decide if you get the job or not.
Anything from caution, warning or even fare evasion will come up on your dbs.
Have abit of faith by sending the result to HMRC, you never know fortune might smile on you.

Thank you for you kind words of support and reassurance it is much appreciated.
Original post by lere
Hi niriden, kottonkandi, wish you the best. Funny thing is I completed my dbs application, but when I called them they said they haven't received my application.I am guessing because I haven't sent in my original document then they haven't forwarded my dbs from the cs website, any inputs?
And would someone have to send the result to HMRC when one receives it, or wait till HMRC requests for it?

Thank you for your support I wish you all the best!!!
Reply 43
Original post by Niriden
The letter said send ur dbs only if you receive an email telling you to send it. The dbs will tell them if it's clean or not. So they already know

That used to be the old practice. The rule was changed about a year ago that's why you have to send the result to HMRC. I know things can be abit confusing with the recruitment procedure as HMRC would wait for weeks before they request for your certificate.
Reply 44
hi all, just noticed an additional form attached in my civil service account dated today called Starter Declaration. Says all new starters need to fill in the form. Did anyone else get it? Whom do I send it back??
Reply 45
Just received an email explaining it is one of the forms to bring on the first day after official offer.
Original post by agsss
hi all, just noticed an additional form attached in my civil service account dated today called Starter Declaration. Says all new starters need to fill in the form. Did anyone else get it? Whom do I send it back??

I contacted the HMRC recruitment team to query the starter declaration form that was attached in the additional information section of the CS jobs website. I was informed to ignore this as it won't be required until a start date has been issued and the new employee has an HR account set up.
Reply 47
Original post by KottonKandi
I contacted the HMRC recruitment team to query the starter declaration form that was attached in the additional information section of the CS jobs website. I was informed to ignore this as it won't be required until a start date has been issued and the new employee has an HR account set up.

Thank you!
Reply 48
Hi the only thing I have received so far is the provisional offer sent on 7th june and nothing since then, phoned DBS yesterday after reading comments from this blog, they said, they haven't received any request from HMRC yet. Don't know whats going on.
Reply 49
Just phoned up about my DBS and got told they haven't received my application yet. Seems like everything taking so long...
Reply 50
Did everyone here apply for Croydon? I received a provisional offer for the Bolton Office and haven't heard anything since filling out the pre employment checks.
Reply 51
I applied at Bolton office, have you got updates for selection exercises 2 and 3, mine keeps saying awaiting feedback.
Reply 52
Original post by Shaun16
I applied at Bolton office, have you got updates for selection exercises 2 and 3, mine keeps saying awaiting feedback.

In sift feedback I've got the results of the written application and in interview feedback selection exercise 1 I've got the results for all 3 of the assessment centre exercises then 2 and 3 say awaiting feedback.
Reply 53
Yes same here
Reply 54
The process seems to be a bit slow. In my case I have taken the requested documents to the assessment centre and awaiting correspondence from the HMRC , fingers crossed we should start hearing back by the first week in July. Also I am thinking the HMRC should not expect us to just forward certificate except requested by them I think, but onomskky could be right here. My guess is that there should be a clear cut email to state if we should send the certificate to them.
@ shaun, well if it is still showing provisional offer without any emails from them, then it is good stuff as they do not need more documents from you at present.
@mcdude, I do not think the exercises 2 and 3 are applicable here. Could have been the template used. We did 3 interviews on the day, the group work, face to face and written interview, and they have given scores for those already.
@agss, same boat, dbs office haven't received my application too, but I am guessing until hmrc gets the requires documents for pre-employment checks then they would not initiate a dbs check. You will notice that the contributors on this post who have received their dbs or have confirmed their dbs in progress have not been told to bring additional original copies.
Just my view
Reply 55
@Onomskky, I have gone back to the CSR website, and we are not required to post the certificate, in the first instance, if it is clean and if the hmrc haven't requested for it. But if the dbs service think it contains some offences that needs to be reviewed first, before a formal offer is given, then they would let hmrc know and then, hmrc would send an email to the person involved.
I hope this clears it.
Reply 56
Hi, I did call up to ask wether we do need to post the DBS certificate or not and was told only if requested. In this case the email will be sent to your email account with further instructions.
Reply 57
@ Agss, yes sure, it's exactly what it said on the attachment. Thanks for the input.
have you heard anything back re- the employment checks?
Reply 58
Hi Lere, no nothing at all. Maybe it's a good thing....
Reply 59
@agss, yep, fingers crossed. Did you apply for the Croydon posts?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending