The Student Room Group

LSE or Warwick- which is more prestigious?

Poll

Which is more prestigious?

Just generally, which is the more prestigious university both at home and internationally?

Scroll to see replies

LSE
I voted the LSE, because internationally it's reputation eclipses Warwick's and domestically Warwick is arguably only known for 3 departments (maths, business and economics).
Reply 3
LSE

(Both have the same opportunities though, careers-wise)
LSE but not for maths
warwick is good for ug - lse is a pg powerhouse (75% or something silly of all lse students are pg)
Oxbridge or nothing. Other universities are not in the same league as the Ivies.
Give me an L
Give me an S
Give me an E
Original post by hoping4thebest
Oxbridge or nothing. Other universities are not in the same league as the Ivies.

Generally speaking, colleges like Harvey Mudd (the small, elite, liberal arts colleges that have a tutorial system like with Oxbridge) are the most prestigious in the US and most comparable in that regard. The Ivy League has great graduate programmes and lots of funding for interesting research but, like the LSE, the focus is very much on graduates. It seems they [LSE and the Ivy League, for instance]are more relatable than you think.
Both are fantastic Universities, but LSE punches above its weight on the international scene and I would say a top 4 UK Uni.
Original post by tazza ma razza
warwick is good for ug - lse is a pg powerhouse (75% or something silly of all lse students are pg)

60% are pg- it's not that pg heavy
Original post by Trapz99
60% are pg- it's not that pg heavy

ah right. point still stands tho
Reply 12
Seems that there is a LOT of support for LSE
Warwick is incredibly overrated.
LSE is a postgraduate diploma factory so obvs will be more known, internationally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
But LSE cannot match with Warwick's beautiful Coventry countryside
Reply 16
Original post by tazza ma razza

About 58%
LSE. It's hardly a competition.
Reply 18
What kind of a dumbass question is this , LSE obviously
Original post by squish562
Just generally, which is the more prestigious university both at home and internationally?

LSE has no extended Master's, so you'll have to pay one yourself rather than doing as an undergraduate and get Tuition Fee Loan and Maintenance Loan.

Quick Reply

Latest