The Student Room Group

Shall i stay on or go?

I have almost done my AS, I have six weeks left. I am debating on staying the final year or to go to college. The reasons why I would like to go to college is because every day I dread in sixth form, I really do not enjoy it or any of my subjects apart from Health and Social care. My grades are not good because I do not enjoy the subjects, so I feel if I do go to college and study Health and Social I will enjoy it and get really good grades.

In the future I would like to work with disability children, would I need A-levels to do that? And what course do you think I should do in college to be able to do that , I am not sure what to do, I am so confused.
Original post by EllieDavies1
I have almost done my AS, I have six weeks left. I am debating on staying the final year or to go to college. The reasons why I would like to go to college is because every day I dread in sixth form, I really do not enjoy it or any of my subjects apart from Health and Social care. My grades are not good because I do not enjoy the subjects, so I feel if I do go to college and study Health and Social I will enjoy it and get really good grades.

In the future I would like to work with disability children, would I need A-levels to do that? And what course do you think I should do in college to be able to do that , I am not sure what to do, I am so confused.

I think that you should stay on and try to improve your grades next year, but wait until results day to see. You could apply to college to see if you get in first, and if you don't, stay on at your Sixth Form, but if you do then perhaps speak to your parents or teachers for some advice. I'm not too sure about what qualifications you'd need, but decent A-Levels are never a bad thing to have.

Quick Reply

Latest