The Student Room Group

being absent for my alevel exam

I wish to know weather being absent for a single subject in alevel will affect my grading for the rest of the subjects. I had registered for four Alevels while i only needed three thats why i decided to not sit for the extra paper. Please tell me that will it effect my overall certificate or not.
Reply 1
If I were you, I would just sit the exam anyway. Even if you don't need it, you will get UMS points that are useful for University etc.
Original post by aakalim123
I wish to know weather being absent for a single subject in alevel will affect my grading for the rest of the subjects. I had registered for four Alevels while i only needed three thats why i decided to not sit for the extra paper. Please tell me that will it effect my overall certificate or not.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1744719

"Update: it appears that the UCAS advisers answering the helpline are telling people that U grades must be entered regardless of whether you are re-sitting the subject or not."

Assuming you're aiming for uni, you'll have to declare every grade you got including a U, so as Alisha said it would be much better to sit the exam anyway, but if the offer definitely excludes that fourth A level then not sitting the exam should have no effect
Original post by Alisha07
If I were you, I would just sit the exam anyway. Even if you don't need it, you will get UMS points that are useful for University etc.

Think you might be confusing UMS points with UCAS points? Can't see why getting minimal UMS in an additional a level would be useful for uni otherwise.

OP: I was in this situation and decided to sit the exam anyway: I ended up getting an A. My advice is to do it anyway, do a little revision for it but still concentrate on the 3 you think you'll need for uni offer.

Not turning up to the exam will have NO effect on other a levels though, answering your original question. You'll just get a 0.
Reply 4
Ah thank you so much.I was so worried. My Uni doesn't consider the fourth grade at all so i have no need for it.

Quick Reply

Latest