The Student Room Group

A Level or IB

I want to take a Law course at Uni, I was wondering if anyone knows if its better to take A level (if so what subjects) or IB (if so what subjects)

Cheers x
Reply 1
Original post by lilymirella
I want to take a Law course at Uni, I was wondering if anyone knows if its better to take A level (if so what subjects) or IB (if so what subjects)

Cheers x

As far as I'm aware, there's no real preference for A-Level or IB - take whichever one you feel more comfortable taking.

In regards to subjects, this is also a personal decision. There's no one subject for Law that is necessarily essential to have (although I would suggest leaning towards essay subjects rather than sciences if possible). Depending on what kind of uni you want to go to, some (especially some RGs) prefer 'facilitating' (traditional - History, English Lit) subjects to 'non-facilitating' ones (Drama, Media, Law). LSE outlines their policy on them here:
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/howToApply/lseEntryRequirements.aspx

I would say, however, again that it's more important to take subjects you'll do well in rather than suffer with something you're bad at.

Quick Reply

Latest