The Student Room Group

OCR History B - USA Depth Study (Roosevelt's Alphabet Agencies)

Can we go into the exam knowing only 2-3 agencies in detail? For example, the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) and the AAA (Agricultural Adjustment Administration). My teacher suggested that we at least know two to reference in answers.
I have been told that aswell but I've seen questions where they ask you about how specific groups benefitted from the new deal. For example ive seen a 10 marker that included how industrial workers benefitted and so in that case the NRA and PWA would be quite vital to know about. I've also seen a source question specifically about the CCC.
Reply 2
Original post by Alfie Arnold
I have been told that aswell but I've seen questions where they ask you about how specific groups benefitted from the new deal. For example ive seen a 10 marker that included how industrial workers benefitted and so in that case the NRA and PWA would be quite vital to know about. I've also seen a source question specifically about the CCC.

Really? Is that in the section where you can choose a set of questions? If so I'll probably avoid them 😂
Original post by Certified
Really? Is that in the section where you can choose a set of questions? If so I'll probably avoid them 😂

Yeah well in the USA section there's 3 source questions and then the one where you pick a question but it can come up in the source questions which you have to do ( like the one about the CCC did) so that's the only problem with not knowing about some of the agency's haha. I would say try and know about the CCC , PWA and NRA aswell even if it's just in basic detail as you don't need too much knowledge for source questions generally.
Reply 4
Yeah well in the USA section there's 3 source questions and then the one where you pick a question but it can come up in the source questions which you have to do ( like the one about the CCC did) so that's the only problem with not knowing about some of the agency's haha. I would say try and know about the CCC , PWA and NRA aswell even if it's just in basic detail as you don't need too much knowledge for source questions generally.

Cheers and do you know we need to know about opposition to the New Deal? In class we have learnt about Coughlin etc etc but in the official OCR revision guide (exams past sep 2015) it only states businessmen, supreme court and republicans!
Yeah the revision guide is terrible haha. The opposition i have learnt about is the rich, businessman , republicans , Supreme Court , father coughlin , dr Francis Townsend and Huey long. Probably don't need to know about all of the people but I'd make sure you know the rich , businessman , republicans and Supreme Court along with maybe one of the people if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Yeah the revision guide is terrible haha. The opposition i have learnt about is the rich, businessman , republicans , Supreme Court , father coughlin , dr Francis Townsend and Huey long. Probably don't need to know about all of the people but I'd make sure you know the rich , businessman , republicans and Supreme Court along with maybe one of the people if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would've thought the revision guide would be enough for an A* considering it's officially specific to the exam board. Looks like I need to look at Townsend and Huey Long.
Have you got the one with the statue on the front cover ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Have you got the one with the statue on the front cover ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes for exams past Summer 2015. The revision guide not the huge old books they have in my school.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending