The Student Room Group

AS BIOLOGY OCR Depth Paper Predictions?

What topics do you think are likely to come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd say most likely would be Meiosis, Enzymes, Proteins, Lipids, Disease and maybe membranes,
Reply 2
Any more detail??? I'm struggling :-( with no Past papers
Reply 3
Will we need to know about Calorimetry?
Reply 4
Original post by SultanOE
Will we need to know about Calorimetry?

No, that's Chemistry
Reply 5
Original post by DiliChu
No, that's Chemistry

Oops, I meant Colorimetry
*stalks thread*
Original post by SultanOE
What topics do you think are likely to come up?

Cell division, Enzymes, Evolution, Protein Synthesis, Biological tests, Biological molecules :smile:
Hopefully no biodiversity and classification as that came up in the Breadth - so maybe Diseases, enzymes (i hope), heart cycle (SAN, AVN etc), DNA replication, biological membranes?
Reply 9
-Cardiac cycle and the heart -Spirometer (practical investigation) and ventilation mechanism
- Enzymes and cofactors
- Biological membranes, e.g. the role of the membrane and fluid mosaic model
- Properties of water OR triglycerides and phospholipids
- Calculation questions either involving Simpson's Index, Standard deviation, t-test
- Evolution (evidence+Darwin's observations)
OCR love classification/evolution/biodiversity, just because it came up in Breadth doesn't mean it wouldn't come up in Depth- OCR is big on these topics.
Anyone got any good resources/links for meiosis or/and mitosis? Those are the ones I always mess up :redface:
I can't even remember what was in the breadth paper now
there's an app called ALevelBiology that I use and the stuff on mitosis and meiosis is quite good. Also there's stuff on the app that we don't need to know that's probably old spec or for next year so don't panic
Original post by llahanele
there's an app called ALevelBiology that I use and the stuff on mitosis and meiosis is quite good. Also there's stuff on the app that we don't need to know that's probably old spec or for next year so don't panic

Thank you, just downloaded it! Seems handy :biggrin: :biggrin:
I think anything that wasn't on the old spec, like fish and insects, will turn up
I have a feeling there will be questions to do with carbon dioxide offloading and the immune response (phagocytosis, b and t lymphocytes, etc.). It seems to me like quite good extended answer topics.
Seems likely that immunity will come up. Maybe a bit on the heart. Enzymes seems very likely to come up as it wasn't on our spec or the breadth paper. There'll probably be 4 mark questions on some of the practical experiments we have done and then also a couple questions on the other topics. However I'd predict that these 4 topics will come up: immunity, cell division, the heart and enzymes.
Do we need to know any of the inorganic ions like the cations and anions for this exam tomorrow
Hey guys If your struggling on textbook revision and questions try downloading the app quizup and play the quiz I made on 'OCR AS Biology A'. It covers a range of topics with a whole bunch of questions that I'm still currently updating, it's just a fun and easy way to revise and it has personally helped me out a lot! :smile:
Follow the link below! :thumbsup:

http://link.q.is/Pnwc/QvKOBHPGFt

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending