The Student Room Group

Should I fight my toxic feelings or just give up

I grew up in a very ****ed up family
My mum is very abusive towards my dad, mentally physically financially not to mention the open cheating

The problem is I started to like someone who reminds me of my mum, she's a real nut case like her

It made me feel terrible and I realised something was wrong with me, so I started a healthy relationship with a really Nice girl

But the other girl is still rife in my head
It's like OCD

I feel like I'm fighting nature, it would be so much easier to give up and go back to this toxic girl

Is this worth fighting?
Reply 1
Original post by Mvpmb
My mum is very abusive towards my dad, mentally physically financially not to mention the open cheating

The problem is I started to like someone who reminds me of my mum, she's a real nut case like her

It made me feel terrible and I realised something was wrong with me, so I started a healthy relationship with a really Nice girl

It's like OCD

I feel like I'm fighting nature, it would be so much easier to give up and go back to this toxic girl

Is this worth fighting?

If so
How do I get over my OCD
give up on both of them. love yourself first.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
give up on both of them. love yourself first.

Would be a bit harsh to give up on the new girl so quickly , she's not hurting me or stopping me from loving my self
Original post by Mvpmb

It's like OCD

Is this worth fighting?

Ohhh no biggy, I'm always fighting nature. Yes its worth fighting, it will improve your confidence/pride and make you open more gates the older you get.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending