Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Failed re submission

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    I've just been informed today that I am being removed from my course pending ratified marks. I was unable to submit first time due to technical error (the submitting system wouldn't let me submit) and had to re submit a month ago. The critiquing was very short, he didn't think I appropriately structured the essay in terms of the questions, but that was his only critique. There was also my module teachers name on it, but there were no comments from her and no peer mark (that I could see). I'm quite upset as I'm at the end of my second year now, and completely unsure of what to do. I'm going to try and actually see the marker and get his reasoning behind the grading. While I understand academically his critique, I don't feel like I did badly enough to fail (I got 34%) and I am trying to get some proof reading done by one of the other lecturers of the module, but otherwise I feel like I'm at a total loss.
    • Thread Starter

    I think this in the wrong forum, but unsure of how to move it

    (Original post by Marty'sCalvin's)
    I think this in the wrong forum, but unsure of how to move it
    It probably is in a forum.

    In terms of your issue, just try and appeal using the process outline din the student handbook.

    For me, the question is if you are doing that badly, is it worth continuing on your current course? Is this a one off on a module or are you continually getting bad grades? If it is the latter, it maybe is worth considering your options i.e. whether it is worth doing another course, trying to get your degree a different way or just doing something completely different.

    You dont really give much information.
    As said above you need to look at your departmental rules on how they deal with people failing a module. Every university has slightly different rules.
    It would also depend what your course was.

    Go and get the help of a student adviser in the students union and they can help discuss what your options are. You might be able to appeal or there may be a chance to resit the module again.

    If you are getting 34% then there seems to be a significant difference between what they want and what you gave them.

    If you have to retake a module then be aware about funding. Pay for it yourself rather than let SFE pay or check it wouldnt use a years funding up as that could lead to them resuing to fund you for the rest of your course.

    1. Find out the rules and procedure.
    2. Decide what course of action to take i.e appeal , resit or reatake.
    3. Decide hwo you will fund it.
    4. You must work out why you failed, it should be apparent to anyone on basic things such as not answering the question. Toy cnat afford to submit work that falls so far below the required standard. You will need help in undestanding where you are going wrong, but it sounds basic.

    Dont lose hope.
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find
Useful resources


Freshers guidePreparing for universityGuide to Freshers' WeekCity and nightlife guidesAlcohol guide for freshersStaying safe at uniBudgeting and financeStudent foodTravel and getting aroundUniversity study tipsHow to write your dissertation in just four weeksA week in the life of a uni student

Sponsored features:



Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Canterbury Christ Church University logo

Canterbury Christ Church University

Discover more about this community-focused university

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick link:

Unanswered uni life threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.