The Student Room Group

feeling stuck in my apprenticeship?

so I'm around 4 months into an apprenticeship working with animals and I already know that it isn't for me, the pay is awful, I know I don't want to work in this sector and I only really took the opportunity because I didn't want to disappoint my parents by staying unemployed (it was the first opportunity that arose for me after my departure from college so I took it). the problem is I can't just quit, I have left 1 college after completing half of a level 3 qualification, and left A levels after 3 months! This has stressed my relationship with my parents to the max, they won't let me quit, (by threatening to kick me out calling me lazy, putting me down etc.) I'm starting to think nothing will ever work for me and I just need to grit my teeth and bear it, but I don't want to be stuck in a job I hate for the rest of my life just because my parents will hate me if I leave, I just feel completely stuck! any ideas?
I'm in the same boat mate, I hate my job and the pay is woeful. You can either choose to look for a new job, see if you can do a HE course or you just have to push and push for a payrise. I can't help with your parents but just bare through it, your time will come soon
Finish the year, your pay will increase.

If it still isn't bearable after you complete the year then my advice would be start looking for other jobs, you could start doing that now anyway. It's always easier to find work whilst in work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending