The Student Room Group

Big Four Applications 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
In the same boat as u and yes waiting to receive tests .on there websites it says 5 that's why I was asking
Reply 41
Original post by rd123456
In the same boat as u and yes waiting to receive tests .on there websites it says 5 that's why I was asking

When did you submit your application ? I'm still waiting to receive tests as well (was really worried it was only me that hadn't got them lol)
Reply 42

If you go on the part on the website where they talk about the assessments they only talk about the 4 that were given last year. What did you apply for?

Original post by nick6565
When did you submit your application ? I'm still waiting to receive tests as well (was really worried it was only me that hadn't got them lol)

My mate called them and they said they pre-screen your app to make sure that you're eligible for the role you applied for, then you'll get the tests. They also said it could take a couple of weeks because they've only just opened. What did you apply for?
Reply 43
When you have the opportunity to attach files did you guys just attach your CV?
Reply 44
Are EY applications open? I checked last week and couldnt find anything. I signed up to the mailing list or whatever it is, but haven't heard anything from them.
Reply 45
Original post by josh_v
Are EY applications open? I checked last week and couldnt find anything. I signed up to the mailing list or whatever it is, but haven't heard anything from them.

EY have been open for a few days
Reply 46
Original post by nick6565
When you have the opportunity to attach files did you guys just attach your CV?

Didn't attach CV
Reply 47
Didn't attach CV did they really say it would take a couple of weeks ? Seems quite a long time for the pre-screening stage can anyone tell me whtat the 5 tests are .I know there is business behaviours ,numerical and what's your mi ndset
Reply 48
Didn't attach CV did they really say it would take a couple of weeks ? Seems quite a long time for the pre-screening stage can anyone tell me whtat the 5 tests are .I know there is business behaviours ,numerical and what's your mi ndset

Hopefully we'll get the tests tomorrow. I call them tomorrow and ask about the 5 tests.

Maybe when they say 5 tests, they could also mean the 4 + social mobility questionnaire.
Reply 49
Anyone with any experience of BDO tests?*
Reply 50
True if u do could u pls post on here
yes. harder than all i've done. main difference I remember was that they didn't abbreviate say, 6 million to £6m like the others. it just said 6,000,000. i know it seems like a small thing but I wasn't prepared for that, got confused and started panicking when I had 50 zeros in front of my face.

also guys chill out. you'll receive the tests eventually. instead of worrying start practicing
Reply 52
True if u do could u pls post on here

EY told me the online stage is split into 2 stages:

Stage 1 - the 3 tests from last year
Stage 2 (if u pass stage 1) - numerical and verbal tests.

So 5 tests, good luck.
Reply 53
Thanks for the update much appreciated
Reply 54
Anyone got/had an interview for PwC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Hey can u pls tell me whether the mock assessments and the actual are equally difficult or is the real one harder
Reply 56
Have you received the EY tests yet?
Reply 57
Don't think anyone has so far
Reply 58
Hey can u pls tell me whether the mock assessments and the actual are equally difficult or is the real one harder

For which firm?

The ones I did for PwC, the practice was a good representation of the actual tests. However, for KPMG, one of my practice questions was essentially 22-15. When I got to the actual test, it was far harder, with a lot more questions than I could possible hope to answer. The whole test went terribly. *
Reply 59
Thanks ! was the logical similar to the real one in terms of difficulty also can u pls give me some advice on the work style personality questionairre as not looking forward to it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending