The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Open University

Hi,
I'm looking around for a MA(preferred by Research) in Classics program that can be delivered through distance learning. I happen to stumble upon Open University and it seem to fit what I am looking for since I'm not able to take an in class Masters program. My goal is to eventually obtain a PhD in Classics.

I wanted to research more on this university because I've never heard of it before. Has anyone gone through OU for the MA in Classics degree or know of anyone who have? also Whether the masters program is accredited and can be used towards applying for a PhD programmes from other universities. I know they say that they are accredited on their website, but I would love to hear of others experience with OU and Classics program.

Reply 1
Original post by DellyP
Hi,
I'm looking around for a MA(preferred by Research) in Classics program that can be delivered through distance learning. I happen to stumble upon Open University and it seem to fit what I am looking for since I'm not able to take an in class Masters program. My goal is to eventually obtain a PhD in Classics.

I wanted to research more on this university because I've never heard of it before. Has anyone gone through OU for the MA in Classics degree or know of anyone who have? also Whether the masters program is accredited and can be used towards applying for a PhD programmes from other universities. I know they say that they are accredited on their website, but I would love to hear of others experience with OU and Classics program.

Hello, I'm in my second year of studying for a Classics MA with the OU right now, and I absolutely love it!

The courses are excellently written, student support faultless, and all tutors I've had so far have been fantastic.

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that their masters degree could be used towards applying to other unis at PhD level. I know that during studying for a masters credits can be transferred onto a course with another university, since I have a friend who was going to do this. Give the university a ring and ask them, they're always helpful and will be able to give you more of an idea of how all their courses work.

If there are any more questions I might be able to help with, fire away!:smile: I hope you find the information you need to make the right decision.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest