Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

WJEC A2 Film Exam

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

Hi guys,
    So today, a week before my exam, I've discovered that my mum has binned my entire Film Studies folder with the whole year's work inside. As a result I've now got no notes at all to revise from, could anyone help me out? I know it's difficult as we all do different but the films I have chosen are:
    Section A: Power, Poverty, Conflict - City of God and La Haine
    Section B: Spectatorship and Documentary - Aileen: Life and Death of a serial killer and Capturing the Freidmans
    Section C: Close Critical Study - Fight Club
    Believe me when I say that literally ANYTHING would be so so helpful

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)

Hey! I'm sitting this exam tomorrow too.
    Just remember for Fight Club that there probably will be a question on critical approach: Either gender, psychoanalysis or marxism is what I've learnt, but gender is pretty easy to go with in which the narrator is a male in crisis through feminised consumer culture and his love of IKEA, contrasting Tyler being super manly. Also ***** tits is important according to my film teacher.
    Also with City Of God, I think you need to remember context. I'm dreading this question because it can be on pretty much anything and even though City Of God was good, i don't know loads! I think education standards, gangs and the significance of gun crimes in Rio's favelas.
    I'm jealous of your emotional response films. My class is studying Schindler's List and The Reader, so you definitely got a pretty good subject choice. Remember to keep referring in these to how it makes you feel or how audiences might be manipulated to feel!
    Good luck for tomorrow!
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 9, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.