The Student Room Group

OCR Business Studies - Further Marketing/People/Operations/Finance

How did everyone find their respective "Further" module? I completely ran out of time on Further People, managed to miss out a 16 marker completely - was it just me or was the case study in that much more complicated and in-depth than usual? Wasn't well written either - one of the managers (Asim) was first mentioned in the last paragraph or so :rolleyes:
Reply 1
Even I didn't like the case study!! I missed 6 marks question but in the end I managed to write something abt health and safety!
Reply 2
Yeah, I did further people. I though that people could get carried away with the question on how those agency staff could be reduced. Managed to go onto 3 extra sheets - so I think I did well.

Basically, I dont think that the information about the two managers was much relevant, other than that they both push for a personell manager to be hired.

I thought the paper was quite a fair paper, with alot on industrial action really helping my cause. What did you think of the paper?
Reply 3
hi i did the further marketing module
i didnt like it and i dunno i missed the 10 markr on how ansoff matrix aids the options in the case study
jus managed to get some bullet points down
erm other than the exam was pretty boring and kinda hard
thre was one question on erm explain whether dan is effective in advertising spending
Sh** BUT I WISH I GET MY C
Reply 4
i did further people also. thought it was ok. i tend to run out of time on business papers and yet again no change in the outcome :frown:

i normally do quite well anyway as i bring about my main points. i tend to summarise a lot towards the end anyway. case study was a bit weird, vague in parts i thought. i hate industrial relations, fortunately i knew enough about it. made a lot of relations to labour turnover/motivation and how this effects a business.

what did ppl put for the question about evaluating the implications of not having the personell manager. i just said things like so many matter not addressed which are proving to be costly to the following.....

no one to deal with these issues so things to be getting worse and so on. sort of ran out of ideas for this question. seems simple but i was running out of time so didn;t focus a lot of attention on it.

Latest