i know i think i want to become an animal helper or something
Original post by Mrs.Grey
i know i think i want to become an animal helper or something

Sounds like a plan!
Original post by cbreef
Sounds like a plan!

:yep: Definitely
Original post by cbreef
So, I'm an 18 year old guy from Scotland..

Professional bagpipe player
Original post by Abstract_Prism

:angry: You.....
Original post by Abstract_Prism

Original post by cbreef
:angry: You.....

:laugh: :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I expected someone to do that
I knew what I was in for it after I did that :biggrin:
You've listed some qualifications and interests, which is a good start, but what about your values? What qualities would you, unique human being that you are, like to see more of in the world? What gives you inspiration?
Original post by Davide_online
What qualities would you, unique human being that you are, like to see more of in the world? What gives you inspiration?

Generosity, by far. I would like to see more people help those in need. As for inspiration, I really don't know. I guess I don't know myself that well :biggrin:
Original post by cbreef
Generosity, by far. I would like to see more people help those in need. As for inspiration, I really don't know. I guess I don't know myself that well :biggrin:

Ok, good.

What could you see yourself doing - what activities, skills, attitudes- to manifest 'generosity'?

What kind of 'needs' could you see yourself and/or others meeting in the world?

It's normal not to know oneself well. Especially at your age. No worries.

Relax, you have plenty of time.
Original post by Glyndŵr University
Hey Cbreef! Apprenticeships area good option as they give you qualifications and experience in a given field... which is great if it is a field you are interested in and enjoy. The problem comes when you don't really know what you want to do, or there are several things that interest you.

Do you have a careers center close to you? They may be able to offer you some advice and guidance, and sometimes they have 'tests' to match you to jobs with your personality. Work experience or placements can be another good way to dabble in different fields until you find one hat clicks.

With regards to uni, more and more Universities, including ourselves, are offering degrees with foundation years in various subjects - have you had a look into these?

Dave (Enquiries, Glyndwr University)

Hey Dave. Can you please explain what 180 UCAS Points looks like in terms of highers? You seem like the best person to ask. I never got taught any of this and would like to know what my highers amount to.
Cheers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by cbreef
Hey Dave. Can you please explain what 180 UCAS Points looks like in terms of highers? You seem like the best person to ask. I never got taught any of this and would like to know what my highers amount to.
Cheers.

Hey Cbreef, I'm flicking through the 2016 UCAS Tariff table. Assuming you studied the Scottish Higher (and not advanced higher or anything else) the grades work out at: A - 80 points, B - 65 points, C - 50 points, D - 36 points. I do need to warn you though that the tariff tables for 2017 entry are significantly different! Is this some help?

Dave (Enquiries, Wrexham Glyndwr University)

Quick Reply

Latest