The Student Room Group

Medicine a level choices

Hi,
I think I want to do medicine and I'm thinking of choosing biology, chemistry and then a language(either Spanish or French) and a humanity(history or rs, maybe politics) for AS. And then drop either the language or the humanity. Not sure if this is wise....any advice?
Reply 1
Seems fine. You wouldn't be able to apply to Cambridge, who want three sciences, but everywhere else would be ok with those choices.
Reply 2
Original post by Helenia
Seems fine. You wouldn't be able to apply to Cambridge, who want three sciences, but everywhere else would be ok with those choices.

I'm also good at maths, do you think that would be encouraged more instead of a language or humanity?
Original post by AnyaO
I'm also good at maths, do you think that would be encouraged more instead of a language or humanity?

Only if you like maths and are more likely to get an A in it than the language/humanity.
Only do a language if you enjoy it and are likely to get an A/A* in it- I know a lot of people who did a language because they thought it looked impressive and absolutely bombed it. Obviously it depends on your situation, and if you love languages, then do it. Like ForestCat said, you're far better off doing a subject you enjoy and are likely to do well in. As long as you do Chemistry (and preferably Biology), you'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by cbatothinkofone
Only do a language if you enjoy it and are likely to get an A/A* in it- I know a lot of people who did a language because they thought it looked impressive and absolutely bombed it. Obviously it depends on your situation, and if you love languages, then do it. Like ForestCat said, you're far better off doing a subject you enjoy and are likely to do well in. As long as you do Chemistry (and preferably Biology), you'll be fine. :smile:

Thank you :smile: I really enjoy taking two languages for GCSE so I think I would like to take one of them to A level...we'll see.
Reply 6
Original post by ForestCat
Only if you like maths and are more likely to get an A in it than the language/humanity.

Thanks for advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending