Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Advice on boyfriends family?

Announcements Posted on
Last day to win £100 of Amazon vouchers - don't miss out! Take our quick survey to enter 24-10-2016

Im 18, ive been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years now. We are honestly great as far as relationships go, however, he has a 15 year old sister. She absolutely hates the guts out of me, when we went on holiday she tried to punch me and shes tried numerous times since. I think she hates me because im so involved with the family when shes a very secluded teenager. I just dont know what to do, ive been nothing but nicer to her than i am to anyone else to try to win her over even after she hit me on holiday. Has anyone else been through this situation and got out of it happily?
    -he is completely on my side and has argued with her many times over this
    -i have spoken to their parents and they have no idea what to do either

His sister is a total b and you don't have to do her favours to win her over. She's nearly grown so she'll figure it out soon and learn for herself how not to behave.

Since its his family you cant really ask him to choose you or them because that's a bit too much. You can wait for him to move out and never have anything to do with his sister for a while or you can reduce your activities with him around his sister. Hes on your side so he'd understand. I don't think you should give someone who's 15 a chance if they've done these kind of things many times.

Posted from TSR Mobile

she sounds really childish for a 15 year old

Tried to punch you?!

She sounds horrible. Even if you annoy her, there is no justification for attacking you.

Nothing you can do. You will probably break up in the next few years anyway. No offence.

Should I just try and wait for her to grow out of it? Would you not recommend trying to talk about it?
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather find

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.