Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Bussiness and IT

Announcements Posted on
Why bother with a post grad? Are they even worth it? Have your say! 26-10-2016

I'm currently doing a BTEC in IT and networking an I have to start looking at university's and courses. When I went into the course I wasn't sure if I wanted to go into business or IT and I'm actually finding IT a bit boring but I'm still good at it and I haven't actually ever done business studies. I was thinking of doing a business and IT course at university to get a degree in it but I'm not sure what kind of jobs I can go into after that so if you have any idea, recommendations on what I should do then please help me out Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quite a few top universities offer ITMB courses (IT management for business), so I'd look into those first.

I'm in my first year at uni on a similar course, feel free to message me with any questions.

Business and IT are an excellent mix, they almost go hand in hand, with those two choices you will be able to get a job practically anywhere if you try hard enough, just go for what interests you though, I have made the mistake of not choosing what I found interesting and it just let to my grades being absolutely trashed.

BSc/Bcom Information systems is what you need in life.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What were/are your predicted grades?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.