The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by loveleest
I don't think that is a fair thing to say. Not all Mother's are great.

Agreed, no one is perfect but that doesn't mean they don't deserve your love, unless they themselves prevent you from doing that.
Original post by Blackstarr
My birthday is the day after my mum's.

What a coincidence

I love my mum to bits.

Its not a coincidence your mum did it by purpose:tongue:
Yes, I prefer my Mum to my Dad 100%. I haven't spoken to my Dad in over 10 years now, me and my Mum don't have a perfect relationship but my Dad was just never there for me.

Yeah, my dad did some stuff which really destroyed us...idk, sometimes through a humans own selfishness, they ruin another humans life :moon:
Original post by homeland.lsw
Just a teensy bit curious...do you love one parent over another? or not really.
(sorry if this is all in your face :s-smilie:)

Yeah I prefer my dad to my mum, he's just always been a better person.
Original post by Listers
Agreed, no one is perfect but that doesn't mean they don't deserve your love, unless they themselves prevent you from doing that.

Some Mothers are not good Mothers and do not deserve to get shown any love point blank period. Some mothers are abusive and just really trashy in general. Just because they have given birth to you doesn't mean you should love them.
Reply 85
Some Mothers are not good Mothers and do not deserve to get shown any love point blank period. Some mothers are abusive and just really trashy in general. Just because they have given birth to you doesn't mean you should love them.

Yeah I know some mothers are terrible, but they can still be changed into who they were, like in the case of the post the user made about her mother being terrible at first then turning out right.

Everyone deserves a chance, regardless of what has been done in the past.
Original post by Listers
Yeah I know some mothers are terrible, but they can still be changed into who they were, like in the case of the post the user made about her mother being terrible at first then turning out right.

Everyone deserves a chance, regardless of what has been done in the past.

I disagree. Your Mother giving birth to doesn't really mean much to be honest.
Yes they can change but doesn't mean they are. I have heard the most disgusting stories about what some Mothers have done to their own children. I don't think they deserve the slightest bit of love at all regardless if they have changed or not.
Reply 87
I disagree. Your Mother giving birth to doesn't really mean much to be honest.
Yes they can change but doesn't mean they are. I have heard the most disgusting stories about what some Mothers have done to their own children. I don't think they deserve the slightest bit of love at all regardless if they have changed or not.

Did you really just write that?

Anyway yes I already addressed the point of some mothers who are inherently vicious wicked people, but at the same time, there are still some mothers out there who seem to be unpleasant that are just going through a stage. I had it with my mother, where all she would do is scream and shout etc at me.

It's just a phase that they are going through and they still need your Love. Being a child isn't a one sided affair when all the parents have to do is shower with you gifts money and clothes, you're supposed to go the extra mile yourself.
Original post by Listers
Did you really just write that?

Anyway yes I already addressed the point of some mothers who are inherently vicious wicked people, but at the same time, there are still some mothers out there who seem to be unpleasant that are just going through a stage. I had it with my mother, where all she would do is scream and shout etc at me.

It's just a phase that they are going through and they still need your Love. Being a child isn't a one sided affair when all the parents have to do is shower with you gifts money and clothes, you're supposed to go the extra mile yourself.

Yes I did and I 100% mean what I said. Giving birth does not signify if you will be a good parent or not. It actually doesn't mean anything.

I am not talking about unpleasant Mothers, I said that the wicked/evil ones shouldn't deserve to get any love. A phase isn't an excuse to be an evil women. My Dad hasn't bothered to stay in my life but should I love him? no.

I didn't get your last point? please address it to me again? Being a parent is more than just gifts and money or what not? (If that is what you implied)
As someone who loves and would do anything for their parents, some of you are being ridiculous. If a someone has a child they are not entitled to their child's love until they treat them with love and compassion - children don't ask to be born and aren't brought into this world with the sole purpose of loving their parents. Spouting the narrative that you should love your parents unconditionally, even if they're abusive and horrible people, is dangerous and silences child abuse victims. Abusive and bad parents do not deserve unconditional love and that's a fact - whether their child decides to forgive them and show them love is another matter. Try to have a bit of empathy and realise that everyone has different experiences to you which shapes how they feel about their parents, and that your values aren't and shouldn't be universal to everyone.
Original post by Trapz99
What is wrong with you? How can you not love your own mother? What has she done to deserve this? Nothing. Everyone should love their parents no matter what because they created you, protected you, cared for you and provided for you.

LOL? You do know that abusive parents exist right?
Reply 91
Yes I did and I 100% mean what I said. Giving birth does not signify if you will be a good parent or not. It actually doesn't mean anything.

I am not talking about unpleasant Mothers, I said that the wicked/evil ones shouldn't deserve to get any love. A phase isn't an excuse to be an evil women. My Dad hasn't bothered to stay in my life but should I love him? no.

I didn't get your last point? please address it to me again? Being a parent is more than just gifts and money or what not? (If that is what you implied)

The act of giving life to you and not aborting you and turning your conception into an abortion statistic isn't anything?

WOW. People these days.

The case of your dad is, if he wasn't a part of your life then you have no reason to either love them or hate them, you can't decide on that because you don't know him. What I was talking about are parents you live with that seem to be very strict, very abusive and very unpleasant. Some parents are like that, some teachers are like that and some friends are like that, but that doesn't mean they can't change and turn into better human beings, like i said. My mother 3 years ago was probably 3 times as bad as the OP's mother, but I loved her then and still love her now.

The point was that Children aren't just supposed to sit on their a*ss and expect their parents to do everything for them, there are some times when they need you just as much as you need them and you as a child have to show them that support
Well, at least you're not alone feeling that way :biggrin:
My mother is a good and loving person, but I just don't feel the same way about her, I will always take care of her, but only out of respect to her.
Maybe it's just the way some people are, I for example feel reluctant about attaching with people
Reply 93
LOL? You do know that abusive parents exist right?

Yes, but does that mean they were always like that, and can't change?

NO
Original post by Listers
The act of giving life to you and not aborting you and turning your conception into an abortion statistic isn't anything?

WOW. People these days.

The case of your dad is, if he wasn't a part of your life then you have no reason to either love them or hate them, you can't decide on that because you don't know him. What I was talking about are parents you live with that seem to be very strict, very abusive and very unpleasant. Some parents are like that, some teachers are like that and some friends are like that, but that doesn't mean they can't change and turn into better human beings, like i said. My mother 3 years ago was probably 3 times as bad as the OP's mother, but I loved her then and still love her now.

The point was that Children aren't just supposed to sit on their a*ss and expect their parents to do everything for them, there are some times when they need you just as much as you need them and you as a child have to show them that support

I do know my Dad! He was abusive to my Mother so she forced me to stop seeing him. He also said abusive things about me to my Mother when I was a little girl for no reason. He clearly doesn't love me so why should I love him back?

You know what, we clearly just have different views on this so there is no point of carrying on the conversation.
Original post by Ayaz789
Its not a coincidence your mum did it by purpose:tongue:

It was a coincidence because apparently I was "unexpected" and born a month earlier.

However, i still love my mum:smile:
Original post by Blackstarr
It was a coincidence because apparently I was "unexpected" and born a month earlier.

However, i still love my mum:smile:

How were you born a month early:O so were you only in for 8 months :L thats amazing & ahh yeah same:biggrin:
Reply 97
Original post by Ayaz789
How were you born a month early:O so were you only in for 8 months :L thats amazing & ahh yeah same:biggrin:

I was only in for 7.

Premature and proud.

#Represent
Original post by scoutingfinches
As someone who loves and would do anything for their parents, some of you are being ridiculous. If a someone has a child they are not entitled to their child's love until they treat them with love and compassion - children don't ask to be born and aren't brought into this world with the sole purpose of loving their parents. Spouting the narrative that you should love your parents unconditionally, even if they're abusive and horrible people, is dangerous and silences child abuse victims. Abusive and bad parents do not deserve unconditional love and that's a fact - whether their child decides to forgive them and show them love is another matter. Try to have a bit of empathy and realise that everyone has different experiences to you which shapes how they feel about their parents, and that your values aren't and shouldn't be universal to everyone.

Thank you so much. You said it better than I ever could!
Original post by Listers
I was only in for 7.

Premature and proud.

#Represent

Ahh thats cool:smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending