The Student Room Group

The Milo Yiannoppulos anti-cultural Marxism phenomenon

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by The Epicurean
Christian values have changed constantly over the centuries and Christian values differ from one country to another. The values of Christians in Sweden and different to the values of Christians in Uganda. Even between Christian denominations, their values are very different. What values do all Christians, regardless of century, denomination or country, hold in common? Lets break down what you regard as Christian values:

Renunciation of violence
Sure, Quakers renounce violence and are pacifists. However, many Christians also follow a Christian philosophy known as "Just war theory" which believes violence is sometimes acceptable.

Unconditional love
Jehovah Witnesses have a practice called 'disfellowshiping' , where anybody who has left the Church or has been forced to leave the church, becomes a pariah and social outcast who members of the Church are to avoid and cut all social ties with. That is not unconditional love.

Forgiveness of sins
And also holding people to account for sins they didn't even commit such as original sin. Why should someone be tortured and die for sins that I didn't even commit and which I am being held accountable for? It's absurd at best.

I'm a Lutheran and our beliefs are Biblical and down to the letter, we don't add or subtract from the Bible like Catholics and Jehovah witness and all the other false sects do, i still believe that they will make heaven but have errors in their theology.
Original post by Listers
I'm a Lutheran and our beliefs are Biblical and down to the letter, we don't add or subtract from the Bible like Catholics and Jehovah witness and all the other false sects do, i still believe that they will make heaven but have errors in their theology.

How do Catholics add or subtract from the Bible?
Original post by Listers
Equal to the Liberal means pleasing the minorities position rather than the majority.

Would expect nothing more substantial from a right-winger.
Original post by The Roast
What are you then?

I'm an atheist and I don't understand why you both are picking a fight with me and being presumptuous when you don't know my views.

I just pointed out Milo doesn't like being a homosexual and somehow this means I'm a sjw Islamist. :s-smilie:

Original post by Listers
Your despise for Christianity, couldn't tell.

There are over 35 old testament books and 900 old testament chapters and one chapter in one book (Probably Leviticus) which details rules given specifically to the people of Israel 4000 years ago for a specific period of time according to Bible scholars due to the large amount of sinful acts done across the world, separating his people from the evil, is what you call "Most parts"

Right.

Why exactly are you picking a fight with me?
I'm not the first person to dislike Christian dogma.
Sorry if I've offended your beliefs by having opinions but I don't know what I've said to make me a 'useful moron'

This is derailing the thread btw
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 44
Original post by The Epicurean
How do Catholics add or subtract from the Bible?

They have their own Bible with more books, chapters and verses, their own ten commandments, their own rules and regulations, etc.

I urge you to do more research into this.
Reply 45
Original post by WBZ144
Would expect nothing more substantial from a right-winger.

Cool story, tree hugging liberal
Reply 46
Original post by StrawbAri
I'm an atheist and I don't understand why you both are picking a fight with me and being presumptuous when you don't know my views.

I just pointed out Milo doesn't like being a homosexual and somehow this means I'm a sjw Islamist. :s-smilie:

Why exactly are you picking a fight with me?
I'm not the first person to dislike Christian dogma.
Sorry if I've offended your beliefs by having opinions but I don't know what I've said to make me a 'useful moron'

I'm not fighting with you and the lenin's term of useful moron doesn't necessarily means you're an idiot. It just means you defend something you really don't know about.

There you go again.

He has never said he "doesn't like being a homosexual". In fact, on several occasions during his lectures, he's claimed to "love sucking black dick".

Saying he'd get his homosexuality cured if he could doesn't mean he doesn't like being gay :rolleyes:

I don't think either of us are being presumptuous, I just don't think you can handle debate.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
There you go again.

He has never said he "doesn't like being a homosexual". In fact, on several occasions during his lectures, he's claimed to "love sucking black dick".

Saying he'd get his homosexuality cured if he could doesn't mean he doesn't like being gay :rolleyes:

I don't think either of us are being presumptuous, I just don't think you can handle debate.

LOL, i've found my tag team partner.
Original post by Listers
I'm not fighting with you and the lenin's term of useful moron doesn't necessarily means you're an idiot. It just means you defend something you really don't know about.

Exactly what have I defended that I don't really know about in this thread?

I never said milo was a homophobe. Not sure how you got that from my link. Him not supporting homosexuals being killed by Muslims is just being a decent human being. It doesn't mean he actively supports something that goes against his own religion.
There you go again.

Saying that it can be "cured" implies that it is a disease.

Saying that Gays should not be allowed to adopt is supporting discrimination.

Like Katie Hopkins I can see that he is an obvious troll, so don't really care about Yiannopoulos either way. It's his supporters who are apologists for bigotry and seem lacking in intellectual capacity.
Reply 51
Original post by WBZ144

Like Katie Hopkins I can see that he is an obvious troll, so don't really care about Yiannopoulos either way. It's his supporters who are apologists for bigotry and seem lacking in intellectual capacity.

He never said that It could be cured, he said IF it could be cured.

Big Big difference.
Original post by Listers
And how exactly is him not supporting abortion and birth control as a strong christian "supporting taking reproductive rights from women"

I might not agree with his opinions about birth control but I sure do think that gay pride and everything has got a bit too extreme, also that transgender stuff is wrong and should not be encouraged
There you go again.

What? Wishing he was cured of homosexuality does imply he doesn't like being one.

He said
'"I would love to be cured. Who wouldn't want to be cured? Of course I want to be cured. I've tried to pray the gay away....I think for a variety of reasons, most gay people, if they were honest, would not choose to have been born homosexual."

Yes you are.
You haven't even tried debating me. The both of you just assumed I was an sjw Islamist out of nowhere. How isn't that presumptuous?
Can you point out my posts that are sjw and Islamist please?
Original post by WBZ144

IF there was a cure...

Original post by Listers
They have their own Bible with more books chapters and verses

Yes, they take their books from the same Septuagint the Jewish people used. The Septuagint was the Greek translation of the TaNaKh used by the Jews, and then borrowed by the Catholics. It was produced by 72 Jewish scholars in or around the 2nd or 3rd century BC.

their own ten commandments

The Catholics use the exact same verses. Read a Catholic Bible and read a Protestant Bible, and you will see the same verses written in the Bible. What you will however see is that there is no clear demarcation in the Bible where one commandment ends and another begins. Different sects disagree on this. Even the Jews have a different 10 commandments from you Protestants. Protestants consider "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" the first commandment, but Jews consider it the second commandment.

Now there are many disingenuous protestants who claim that the Catholics changed their 10 commandments. But in fact, what you will find is that the Catholics have a similar interpretation as the Jews and they don't have a specific Commandment saying "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image" as they consider the commandment "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" to be sufficient.

their own rules and regulations, etc.

The Catholic Church don't believe in sola scriptura, so there is no surprise there. It is much like how the Jews have the Talmud.

I urge you to do more research into this.

Maybe you should read up on the septuagint and the Jewish 10 commandments.
Original post by Listers
He never said that It could be cured, he said IF it could be cured.

Big Big difference.

Regardless, using the word "cure" at all implies that it is a disease.
Reply 57
Exactly what have I defended that I don't really know about in this thread?

I never said milo was a homophobe. Not sure how you got that from my link. Him not supporting homosexuals being killed by Muslims is just being a decent human being. It doesn't mean he actively supports something that goes against his own religion.

Obviously Milo knows that what he's doing is against the Bible and might not like the lifestyle of being a sinner, but that doesn't mean he hates being a homosexual and what they stand for. He is against how homosexuals from the 90's became extreme and started shoving their propaganda down the throats of everyone, and giving people that don't agree with them names like homophobe etc.

It's like me saying that I do not like how the westboro baptists shove their beliefs done everyone's throats. Does that mean i hate them? No.

They will be in heaven, just like me.
IF there was a cure...

"Can" and "if" are irrelevant, using the word "cure" implies that it is a disease. Jeez, how far do apologists for obvious bigotry go?
What? Wishing he was cured of homosexuality does imply he doesn't like being one.

He said
'"I would love to be cured. Who wouldn't want to be cured? Of course I want to be cured. I've tried to pray the gay away....I think for a variety of reasons, most gay people, if they were honest, would not choose to have been born homosexual."

Yes you are.
You haven't even tried debating me. The both of you just assumed I was an sjw Islamist out of nowhere. How isn't that presumptuous?
Can you point out my posts that are sjw and Islamist please?

Are you on crack or something?!

IF there was a cure, he'd love to be cured.

How does that mean he doesn't like being gay lol? Answer me for crying out loud.

We're being prejudice at the very most.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending