The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Halls in Clifton

Hi,

International student here. I was just wondering if there are any private halls in Clifton, preferably offering Studios? :/ Uni accommodation in Clifton seems to be booked up and I dont want to be staying in the city but in Clifton. Help?
Original post by HipsterDalek
Hi,

International student here. I was just wondering if there are any private halls in Clifton, preferably offering Studios? :/ Uni accommodation in Clifton seems to be booked up and I dont want to be staying in the city but in Clifton. Help?

Hi HipsterDalek,

I'm afraid there are no private student halls in or around Clifton campus. Although our student accommodation on Clifton campus (Peverell and New Hall) are booked up, we do have spaces in our Maltings and Meridian Court residences.

These aren't on Clifton campus or in Clifton, but with these residences you do benefit from free bus passes. Which you could use to get to the Clifton campus. I will leave you more information about these residences below:

Meridian Court

Maltings

I am sorry I couldn't be more help, let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi HipsterDalek,

I'm afraid there are no private student halls in or around Clifton campus. Although our student accommodation on Clifton campus (Peverell and New Hall) are booked up, we do have spaces in our Maltings and Meridian Court residences.

These aren't on Clifton campus or in Clifton, but with these residences you do benefit from free bus passes. Which you could use to get to the Clifton campus. I will leave you more information about these residences below:

Meridian Court

Maltings

I am sorry I couldn't be more help, let me know if you have any more questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Thanks for the reply, Ellen!

But I was just searching again and I came across this student accommodation development in Clifton, by the name of "FHP Living Varsity Studio"..which is, apparently, 1 Km away from the Clifton campus.

Since I'm miles away from UK right now, there's no way I can actually check the place out by myself so I thought I'd ask you (or anyone who's reading :wink: ), if they have any experiences of living in said accommodation? (or if you've seen it or if you know of someone else's experience..etc! :biggrin:)

Would seriously help a lot in deciding what to do next! :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by HipsterDalek
Thanks for the reply, Ellen!

But I was just searching again and I came across this student accommodation development in Clifton, by the name of "FHP Living Varsity Studio"..which is, apparently, 1 Km away from the Clifton campus.

Since I'm miles away from UK right now, there's no way I can actually check the place out by myself so I thought I'd ask you (or anyone who's reading :wink: ), if they have any experiences of living in said accommodation? (or if you've seen it or if you know of someone else's experience..etc! :biggrin:)

Would seriously help a lot in deciding what to do next! :smile:

Hi HipsterDalek,

I stand corrected! Personally, I haven't heard of these halls before, but I see they are a new development opening 16/17 so this may be why!

If you do look for private student halls I would recommend checking these before signing any contracts:

1. Check you're not held in a contract if you don't meet the grades of your offer.
2. Check that there's pastoral support available to offer you help if you need it.
3. Check that you'll be placed with first years (this won't be relevant to you as they are studios)
4. Ensure when the first termly deposit is and make sure you have the funds to pay it.

Good luck with your search and if you have any more questions just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 4
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi HipsterDalek,

I stand corrected! Personally, I haven't heard of these halls before, but I see they are a new development opening 16/17 so this may be why!

If you do look for private student halls I would recommend checking these before signing any contracts:

1. Check you're not held in a contract if you don't meet the grades of your offer.
2. Check that there's pastoral support available to offer you help if you need it.
3. Check that you'll be placed with first years (this won't be relevant to you as they are studios)
4. Ensure when the first termly deposit is and make sure you have the funds to pay it.

Good luck with your search and if you have any more questions just let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

I'll have to check again and will get back to you if I've got any more questions. Thanks as always, Ellen! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest