The Student Room Group

GCSE speaking - like please help me im desperate

Hi, our french teacher has given us over half term to learn our french speaking (seems fair enough) however, we've literally started french this year and theyve thrown us in the deep end saying we'll be dropped if we dont get our targets (fml mines an A). I have tried so many ways to learn the speaking (like loads. and these ways worked for my spanish speakings) but i cannot whatsoever get it in my head and i cant even say it aloud as she has told us 'just guess how you do an accent'. And she's also expecting us to do a writing the week after we do the speaking. I know people have got it harder but im genuinly terrified. heLLPPP ME PLEASEEE!?!

Sorry for the biiiig paragrah
Original post by moll2015
Hi, our french teacher has given us over half term to learn our french speaking (seems fair enough) however, we've literally started french this year and theyve thrown us in the deep end saying we'll be dropped if we dont get our targets (fml mines an A). I have tried so many ways to learn the speaking (like loads. and these ways worked for my spanish speakings) but i cannot whatsoever get it in my head and i cant even say it aloud as she has told us 'just guess how you do an accent'. And she's also expecting us to do a writing the week after we do the speaking. I know people have got it harder but im genuinly terrified. heLLPPP ME PLEASEEE!?!

Sorry for the biiiig paragrah

I thought everyone did them in year 10? I did my Spanish and French speaking exams in the first term of year 10.
Anyway, break it up into chunks - I learnt mine paragraph by paragraph (I often used a different coloured pen for each paragraph) and once I thought I'd learnt them, I'd jumble up the order of the paragraphs and try to say each one again. Get a family member to then take out 5 or 6 words from each paragraph and you've gotta figure out what they are.
Write out one or two "memory words" from a paragraph on a post it note, do this for each paragraph. Stick these post it notes all over the house - on the fridge, on doors that you go through often - to be able to open the door you have to be able to recite the paragraphs with as little errors as possible.
If you need a recording of it to be able to learn it, email your teacher with a copy of your essay/speech/responses and ask her to send you a recording of them. Do this as soon as possible so that you have more time to correct your pronunciation. Until then, try out the tips I mentioned.
I'm in year 9 atm and have my french speaking exam next week like yourself we have been told to write 4 paragraphs about holidays and learn them off by heart. I find the best way to do this is similar to what the person above this posted. Learn one paragraph at a time and split that one paragraph into sentences and learn the paragraph sentence by sentence. Then when you know that paragraph move onto the next. I suggest copy and paste a sentence at a time into http://imtranslator.net/translate-and-speak/translate-english-and-speak-french/ so you know the pronunciations and how to say them correctly.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending