The Student Room Group

Other than religious, what reason is there to ban homosexuality?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by RasputinReborn
Oh no, you're a biological illiterate. Homosexuality is very much a neurological condition, as the mentality for it disagrees with the rest of the body, since homosexuals can't reproduce with each other. Considering this, I suppose you think psychosis, ADHD etc are not hereditary? Further proof:
https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2015/jul/24/gay-genes-science-is-on-the-right-track-were-born-this-way-lets-deal-with-it

http://www.natureworldnews.com/articles/10443/20141118/homosexuality-genetic-strongest-evidence.htm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3265248/Homosexuality-imprinted-genes-Scientists-predict-gay-70-cent-accuracy.html

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a load of *******s - you're basically saying my sexuality is a mental disorder.
Original post by ivybridge
What a load of *******s - you're basically saying my sexuality is a mental disorder.

In the same way having blue eyes is a physical disorder - a mutation.

It's worth saying that I don't agree with the above, and continue to believe the 'gay uncle' evolution theory, which I'm sure we've talked about on here before.
Original post by Grand High Witch
I can't think of a good one, and yet it is banned throughout the world and there are people in the West who think it should be banned in Western countries.

Maybe it just looks weird and unnatural and makes people uncomfortable?

I'm sorry but when I see two guys holding hands in public or worse, kissing, it just gives me the creeps like I'm at a freak show...

To me, this looks right:

Spoiler

And this looks so, so wrong:

Spoiler

Original post by JavaScriptMaster

I'm sorry but when I see two guys holding hands in public or worse, kissing, it just gives me the creeps like I'm at a freak show...

To me, this looks right:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Then grow the **** up.

To me, this looks right:

Spoiler

Spoiler

With all sincerity, if it bothers you that much you may wish to seek therapy. Nobody is born freaked out by people holding hands.

To me, this looks right:

Spoiler

Spoiler

How is what you find weird and uncomfortable a good reason for banning something?

Also, I find it a bit odd that you experience such severe emotions merely at the sight of seeing two men embracing. That's what is "weird" and "so wrong".
(edited 7 years ago)
A homosexual species wouldn't survive and would die out. So thinking about this analytically, it can be argued that a homosexual mind isn't in synch with the reproductive aspect of the body.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you heard of the 'gay uncle' theory? If not, I'll explain briefly.

The idea is that it's beneficial for a species if a small but constant amount of the population are gay. Because of this, they will not reproduce, and thus will be able to spend more time looking after the younger ones, ensuring their survival and the survival of the whole species.

To me, this looks right:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Though I'm not homophobic I think I'd agree that it certainly does not look natural.
Original post by ivybridge
Then grow the **** up.

I'm 22 and I'll always be creeped out by gays. It's got nothing to do with maturity it's just who I am. I'm not saying I wanna hurt the gays but I just don't want anything to do with them at all
Original post by Grand High Witch
How is what you find weird and uncomfortable a good reason for banning something?

Also, I find it a bit odd that you experience such severe emotions merely at the sight of seeing two men embracing. That's what is "weird" and "so wrong".

It's not me alone who finds it weird it's entire nations of people, that's why its banned everywhere

and I don't care if you find it odd because I know loads of people that also get creeped out by gays, its a normal reaction from my point of view
I'm 22 and I'll always be creeped out by gays. It's got nothing to do with maturity it's just who I am. I'm not saying I wanna hurt the gays but I just don't want anything to do with them at all

I hope you have gay children. You'll understand the complete irrationality of your mindset and understand just how unreasonable you are.

Now go on jacking off to lesbians because you're a hypocrite. Adieu.

Original post by audrey_lh
Though I'm not homophobic I think I'd agree that it certainly does not look natural.

This makes you homophobic.
You do realise lesbians qualify as homosexuals and I bet you'd love everything to do with them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yea no, they creep me out as well. If anything I dislike them even more because they're supposed to be women but dress, act and style their hair like men
It's not me alone who finds it weird it's entire nations of people, that's why its banned everywhere

Homosexuality is banned is very few countries. It's legal in far less than it's banned.

and I don't care if you find it odd because I know loads of people that also get creeped out by gays, its a normal reaction from my point of view

That is not why it's banned and 'everywhere' is a massive overstatement. The Islamic nations of the middle east is essentially one of the only places it's now banned. And thats on religious grounds.

Yeah, no. You're now in the minority.
yea no, they creep me out as well. If anything I dislike them even more because they're supposed to be women but dress, act and style their hair like men

:rofl: ****, you can't even make this bullcrap up :rofl:

So short hair, which is what you're going for, is now exclusively owned by men?
Original post by Mactotaur
With all sincerity, if it bothers you that much you may wish to seek therapy. Nobody is born freaked out by people holding hands.

umm yes they do, I know that for a fact. And we're not talking about any people holding hands we're talking about homosexuals
Hmm, interesting never have heard of it. However, wouldn't "gay aunt" be more pertinent, given that males typically hunted and were generally larger and faster than females?

I didn't name it.

Anyway, the point is that having gay members of your species might actually be beneficial from an evolutionary standpoint.
umm yes they do, I know that for a fact. And we're not talking about any people holding hands we're talking about homosexuals

You know that for a fact, do you? Have you got any sources which can confirm it? I sincerely doubt it.
Original post by Mactotaur
So short hair, which is what you're going for, is now exclusively owned by men?

its not just the hair you ******* it's the image as a whole with the behaviour and all that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending