The Student Room Group

WJEC Physics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roxanne18
Okay here it is, it isn't as important as the others, its just a time line we had to make about the different people contributions to the discoveries

Oh, I see. Thanks anyway, though. :five:

How are you feeling for tomorrow ?

Somewhat apprehensive - I have a feeling that it could go well if the paper is more or less reasonable, but could also go badly if it's tricky. Hopefully we won't get another nuclear physics question like last year's...

I also haven't had much of a look at the AS stuff, but I should have time for a glance at it before the exam.

What about you? Feeling confident? :smile: Also, which of the options will you be doing?
(edited 7 years ago)
I am very nervous for tomorrow after a shaky PH4!
Original post by Hydeman
Oh, I see. Thanks anyway, though. :five:

Somewhat apprehensive - I have a feeling that it could go well if the paper is more or less reasonable, but could also go badly if it's tricky. Hopefully we won't get another nuclear physics question like last year's...

I also haven't had much of a look at the AS stuff, but I should have time for a glance at it before the exam.

What about you? Feeling confident? :smile: Also, which of the options will you be doing?

Yeah feeling the same actually, Physics is my weakest subject it just doesnt stick with me :/ So very nervous

AS, why do we need that ?

I'm doing medical Physics, not ready for it though, what have you chosen ?
Original post by Hydeman
Does anybody/their teacher have ideas about possible case study questions? It's not a very nice one this year, so I'm hoping for a decent number of simple calculations, showing homogeneity in terms of units, etc.

What do you mean by showing homogeneity in terms of unit? Could you explain please?
Yeah feeling the same actually, Physics is my weakest subject it just doesnt stick with me :/ So very nervous

Join the club - it's easily the hardest of my subjects as well. >.<

PH4 and PH5 have what's called synoptic assessment (i.e. the examiners can base questions on knowledge from previous modules). That's why some of the past papers have questions involving I=nAve and suvat equations and stuff like that.

Further electromagnetism - I tried to teach myself materials but it just wouldn't click so I've gone for what I know best. Hopefully the questions won't be as unconventional as last year...

Original post by somevirtualguy
What do you mean by showing homogeneity in terms of unit? Could you explain please?

It means showing that the units either side of an equation are the same. Can be fiddly since you may need to recall things like N = kgm/s^2 (using F = ma) and substitute in some places to get it right.

Anyway, good luck everyone. :smile:

I'm also doing medical physics, make sure you revise about radioactive nucleides, questions on them have been rare recently so could come up!
Hope everyone's as unprepared as me and then there's low grade boundaries 😭
How did everyone find that?
I didn't really know how to answer the explain questions for the case study so I just waffled and hoped that would get me some marks. :s-smilie:
(edited 7 years ago)
I don't know what to think of that exam. Mixed feelings. I missed bits out.
Original post by Hydeman
How did everyone find that?
I didn't really know how to answer the explain questions for the case study so I just waffled and hoped that would get me some marks. :s-smilie:

The case study and materials was fine but the actual PH5 was a bit weird :/
Original post by ArbaazMalik
The case study and materials was fine but the actual PH5 was a bit weird :/

Yeah, I missed bits out on section 1 as well. :s-smilie:

Hopefully boundaries will be generous as always.
Original post by Hydeman
Yeah, I missed bits out on section 1 as well. :s-smilie:

Hopefully boundaries will be generous as always.

I honestly feel so weird. I even got weird answers I wasn't sure about. That Magnetic Flux Q was poo and the % were frying my brain fgs. 😂😂
What's your prediction for an A?
Also, I think that was the first PH5 paper in WJEC history that didn't have the easy Hall probe question on it. :s-smilie:

I honestly feel so weird. I even got weird answers I wasn't sure about. That Magnetic Flux Q was poo and the % were frying my brain fgs. 😂😂
What's your prediction for an A?

I honestly have no idea, but would want it as low as possible. :colondollar:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 53
Well there goes any hope of me getting into uni
I knowwwwww. Where was the HALL PROBE QQQQQ? They missed out quite a bit. I think its been the hardest paper since the spec overall?
Reply 55
I hope you all found that paper easier than I did. Be proud of all the hard work you put in this year!
Congrats to everyone who has now finished their A levels!! Now it's time to celebrate! Fingers crossed you all end up where you want to :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TLDM
Well there goes any hope of me getting into uni

PH4 was so good and they kill it with this. -_-
Reply 57
PH4 was so good and they kill it with this. -_-

I know, PH4 was good. This paper was the worst I've ever done, and I was bad enough at PH5 anyway...
Goodbye university 😂
I actually hated PH4, and definitely did better on this than PH4. I would still be in tears if I needed a top grade to get into uni, as I didn't do brilliantly (entirely messed up the induction question for starters), but I did really well last year, so I'm fine with lower grades (I only need an A overall and got over 90% last year). But the paper wasn't very nice. It wasn't awful, but it was certainly was at least equally hard as 2015.

Quick Reply

Latest