The Student Room Group

Gcse geography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gurpartapl
Sorry about that. and i think we need to know about the transmigration policy in indonesia. People moved from a very densely populated place (Java) to a less dense place (Sumatra).. Have you got a cgp geography book? Its inside there somewhere.

Transmigration - "to migrate from one country to another in order to settle there."

Changing Urban Environments
Causes of urbanisation
Issues and solutions in CBD, inner city, suburbs and rural-urban fringe
Squatter settlement redevelopment
Effects and management of rapid urbanisation - disposal of waste, air pollution and water pollution
Sustainable urban living

I haven't got a CGP guide, i should have got one, but I have a letts one, and yes i realise what that is now. But we call it rural to urban migration which is the same thing. For MEDC I do Birmingham Rural to CBD and for LEDC Dharavi Mumbai India
Reply 21
Sorry about that. and i think we need to know about the transmigration policy in indonesia. People moved from a very densely populated place (Java) to a less dense place (Sumatra).. Have you got a cgp geography book? Its inside there somewhere.

Transmigration - "to migrate from one country to another in order to settle there."

Changing Urban Environments
Causes of urbanisation
Issues and solutions in CBD, inner city, suburbs and rural-urban fringe
Squatter settlement redevelopment
Effects and management of rapid urbanisation - disposal of waste, air pollution and water pollution
Sustainable urban living

Do we need to know a case study for Problems (and solutions) of living in an LEDC??
Original post by Job738338
Mass scale movement of people within a country. Happened in Indonesia to lessen population on Java and spread development around to other islands. Look it up it's pretty easy. :smile:

Yeah as I just said to the other guy I realised what it is now, but we call it rural to urban migration... so, yea i do birmingham and dharavi mumbai... unless that's not the right one
(edited 7 years ago)

My humanities teacher has been predicting correct topics for last 2 years, she also predicted all the topics for the 2016 Geography AQA UNIT 1 (Physical) exam. The sections we learn for the exams are;
Population Change, Changing Urban environments and Tourism.

Okay so here are the predicted topics for these sections for tomorrow:

Population
DTM model with population pyramid
Transmigration
Coping with ageing population and encouraging more births
Migration push and pull factors and impacts on host and origin countries
Economic migrants within the EU
Refugee movements and impacts

Tourism
Tourist resort life cycle model
External factors effect on UK tourism
Mass tourism positive and negative effects and management
Extreme environments impacts and growth
Benefits of ecotourism and link to sustainable development.

ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REVISION, NO ONE IS TO BLAME IF THESE TOPICS DO NOT COME UP.

Finally, best of luck!

Wow Thankyou! This is very helpful and similar to what my teachers are predicting, so that's always a good sign! Good luck to you as well 😊😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EML26
Do we need to know a case study for Problems (and solutions) of living in an LEDC??

Would be good, these are just the topics, they might ask for case study or they might not.

My humanities teacher has been predicting correct topics for last 2 years, she also predicted all the topics for the 2016 Geography AQA UNIT 1 (Physical) exam. The sections we learn for the exams are;
Population Change, Changing Urban environments and Tourism.

Okay so here are the predicted topics for these sections for tomorrow:

Population
DTM model with population pyramid
Transmigration
Coping with ageing population and encouraging more births
Migration push and pull factors and impacts on host and origin countries
Economic migrants within the EU
Refugee movements and impacts

Tourism
Tourist resort life cycle model
External factors effect on UK tourism
Mass tourism positive and negative effects and management
Extreme environments impacts and growth
Benefits of ecotourism and link to sustainable development.

ONLY YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REVISION, NO ONE IS TO BLAME IF THESE TOPICS DO NOT COME UP.

Finally, best of luck!

What is the external factors affect?
Original post by Job738338
What is the external factors affect?

Not too sure myself if i be honest but it sounds as though its talking about the factors which affect number of tourists visiting the uk.. For example: terrorism and conflict.. Major events.. Exchange rates... World economy... Weather
Not too sure myself if i be honest but it sounds as though its talking about the factors which affect number of tourists visiting the uk.. For example: terrorism and conflict.. Major events.. Exchange rates... World economy... Weather

External factors are factors which effect tourism but are completely out of the tourist destinations control. This can be terrorism as people are frightened to visit the area, bad media coverage as the area is unpopular and disliked. Also, if the currency in a country is weak, that can increase tourist numbers and if there is high unemployment, the numbers will drop. Hopefully that will cover you 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some mark schemes don't accept weather always as an external factor! So try and avoid that one if possible 😜

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thoughts for development gap?
I don't even know what that is 😂 unless we call it something else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
you probably won't do "The Development Gap" as it's a topic on a paper, not something you need to know if you do three other topics like urban environments etc :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest