The Student Room Group

Who's the music artist that you've liked for the longest?

Who is it? How long have you liked them? Why do you like them?

Scroll to see replies

Probably owl city. Although I have no interest in them anymore, I loved them for the majority of my late teenage years.
Reply 2
Quite a hard question. Probably Linkin Park.
Arctic Monkeys
Johnny Cash, probably about 10 years or so.
Marilyn Manson <3
I think I've linked Linkin Park the longest. I'm no longer a massive fan but I can still listen to their stuff and rock along. "Numb" was the first piece of music I learnt to play when I got my first keyboard :moon:.
Disclosure 😍

Posted from TSR Mobile
Papa Roach were my favourite band for 4 years, however I pretty much stopped listening to them after their album The Connection came out as I didn't like their new style
Adel Tawil, I've loved his music for over 3 years I didn't really listen to music before then. He is a really great singer.
The Clash. :love:

If only I could see them live. :sad:
Elliott Smith
Not gonna lie, the first artist that I actually liked was Eminem, since Not Afraid, as he was always a fairly angry guy in his raps, so I could really relate to what he says when I'm going through hard times.
Guns & Roses, because they rock! :awesome:
Been a lifelong Muse fan :yep:

:muse:
Muse, for as long as I can remember. Hysteria is pretty much my first love :u:
It's either David Bowie or Outkast. My dad got me into Bowie when I was about 8 or 9 but I had only heard the singles and wouldn't have said I was a massive fan until I was about 15 and my music taste started to develop a bit more. But he is the only one really I can think of where I liked some of the work at my youngest age and still like now.

I'd say Outkast though as they are an act I was fanatical about first which I still am now.

I like them both for their eclecticism, reinvention and originality. Both of them have incredible discographies and in my opinion something for everybody which is why I think I've never grown out of their music as different styles and records have appealed to me at different ages.
Trey songz, since I was 14. It's been 4 years, I still love him. :h:
Craig David :love: bit odd liking his music as I'm into different sorts now but he had an amazing career and has an incredible voice.
The defining theme of my childhood from about five onwards; and a singular, unrivalled, towering musical accomplishment even to this day:

[video="youtube;ObomwH2ztTM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObomwH2ztTM[/video]

(Not to mention, possibly the last subject on which my parents truly saw eye to eye.)
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest