The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA History Medicine Through Time answer structure

For question 1a and 1b, where they ask you what is suggested in Source A and what difference is suggested between Source A and B, do you need to explain the points or you only need to describe them plainly?
If you do need to explain them, how can you prevent repetition with question 1c where they ask you why were the Sources different?
Reply 1
1a) what does source A suggest…… (4 points target 6-8 mins)·
Source A shows ….. which suggests·
It also shows ….. which suggests· …..·
Furthermore it shows ….. which suggests· …..·
We can also see ….. which suggests· …..·
Overall the source suggests ……

1b) What different suggestion about……. is made in source B? (6 points –target 10-12 mins)·
Source B shows …… which suggests ….. whereas source A shows……. which suggests……….. (make as many comparisons like this as you can)·
Source B also shows …… which suggests ….. whereas source A shows……. which suggests………..
Overall source B suggests that by that period …… (and make a comment on the extent of change since source A).

1c) Why are there differences between sources A and B? (8 points target 16-18 mins)
There are different ways you can answer this (choose at least one of the following):· Time: the differences are because of the developments which have happened between the time of source And the time of Source B you need to explain these developments in detail.·
Author: look at who wrote / made the sources and think about how their interpretations are different, i.e. what their bias is perhaps they have different viewpoints (this is a useful method if the sources are from roughly the same period)· Place: are the sources from different parts of the world which have different situations? For example medieval Europe and the medieval Middle East?· Make a conclusion about the key reasons for the differences.
Original post by han131
1a) what does source A suggest…… (4 points target 6-8 mins)·
Source A shows ….. which suggests·
It also shows ….. which suggests· …..·
Furthermore it shows ….. which suggests· …..·
We can also see ….. which suggests· …..·
Overall the source suggests ……

1b) What different suggestion about……. is made in source B? (6 points –target 10-12 mins)·
Source B shows …… which suggests ….. whereas source A shows……. which suggests……….. (make as many comparisons like this as you can)·
Source B also shows …… which suggests ….. whereas source A shows……. which suggests………..
Overall source B suggests that by that period …… (and make a comment on the extent of change since source A).

1c) Why are there differences between sources A and B? (8 points target 16-18 mins)
There are different ways you can answer this (choose at least one of the following):· Time: the differences are because of the developments which have happened between the time of source And the time of Source B you need to explain these developments in detail.·
Author: look at who wrote / made the sources and think about how their interpretations are different, i.e. what their bias is perhaps they have different viewpoints (this is a useful method if the sources are from roughly the same period)· Place: are the sources from different parts of the world which have different situations? For example medieval Europe and the medieval Middle East?· Make a conclusion about the key reasons for the differences.

I don't suppose you know the rest of the structures? I am struggling so hard to think on how to structure any of my answers apart from the first 3 :redface:
This is from a sheet my history teacher gave us:

1(d) - Approaches to surgery and anatomy/public health/disease and infection have changed throughout history for different reasons. Why was this?" - 8 marks (18 minutes max.)

Think of 3 - 4 factors that led to change throughout history (war, individuals, science and technology). Explain each factor using a PEE paragraph (point, evidence/example, explain). Compare the importance of the different factors and make a clear judgement about which one is most important.

Section B & C

2/3/4/5a - Choose one of the individuals/time periods/developments below. Describe [....]. - 4 marks (7 minutes)

Describe 2 - 3 details about this individual/development/time period. Use a little bit of context to show why this individual/ time period was important.

2/3/4/5b - Which of these individuals/developments/time periods contributed most to the progress of disease and infection/public health/surgery and anatomy? - 8 marks (16 minutes)

Explain the contributions made by BOTH individuals/developments/time periods. Explain their importance by considering what came before and what the impact was afterwards. Make a direct comparison between the two and give an overall judgement.

I hope that helps!
Original post by examtime123
This is from a sheet my history teacher gave us:

1(d) - Approaches to surgery and anatomy/public health/disease and infection have changed throughout history for different reasons. Why was this?" - 8 marks (18 minutes max.)

Think of 3 - 4 factors that led to change throughout history (war, individuals, science and technology). Explain each factor using a PEE paragraph (point, evidence/example, explain). Compare the importance of the different factors and make a clear judgement about which one is most important.

Section B & C

2/3/4/5a - Choose one of the individuals/time periods/developments below. Describe [....]. - 4 marks (7 minutes)

Describe 2 - 3 details about this individual/development/time period. Use a little bit of context to show why this individual/ time period was important.

2/3/4/5b - Which of these individuals/developments/time periods contributed most to the progress of disease and infection/public health/surgery and anatomy? - 8 marks (16 minutes)

Explain the contributions made by BOTH individuals/developments/time periods. Explain their importance by considering what came before and what the impact was afterwards. Make a direct comparison between the two and give an overall judgement.

I hope that helps!

Thank's this really helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending