Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Last minute hear geography human paper help!!!

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016

I haven't been revising for human paper and I have so much to revise can someone give me some tips on how to break it down and pass this exam place

PS- constructive advice only please (thanks in advance)

Topics that I studied for human geography on AQA:
    The Development Gap
    Changing Urban Environments.

Tourism is predominantly case studies, so if you take it then you'll want to focus on them(1 in UK, 1 in Extreme, 1 in Tropical). Remember to learn the life cycle model too as that could come up.

Development Gap:
    -What causes different development levels? (Natural resources, natural hazards, corrupt governments)
    -How do you measure development? (Life expectancy, GDP per capita, HDI (Why is HDI the best?))
    This unit is less focused on case studies, but still make sure you know about a scheme that's trying to help undeveloped countries)
    -Learn about the EU and what they're doing to stop inequlities.

Changing Urban Environments:
    For me this one is easy as I can use my city as an example but pretty much just learn about why more people are living in cities and the problems with it.
    -Curitiba (Or your case study for sustainable living)
    -Problems with cities

(If you take any different ones then I can't help!)

If you break it down there's not that much to know. From there, I'd advise just doing past papers. Also, in this paper you get marked for SPaG on the 8 markers
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.