The Student Room Group

Please, give me a break!

Ranting. Something that everybody is guilty of, something with no purpose. When you hear the word ‘rant’, what springs to your mind? For me, the word ‘rant’ translates to whinging and whining, raving and raging, spitting and spouting and spewing off about a superficial problem that nobody cares about…

Like when my teacher gives me two pieces of homework a week! Two pieces! Does she honestly think I have the time to complete it? She must have lost her sanity! Or when I have to clean the dinner table! Hello, we are living in the 21stcentury; there must be a robot that can do the cleaning! Or my exasperating brother! Don’t get me started on him! God, why was he ever born? Like when…or when…it’s so infuriating when…God, I just abhor it when…

Now…I’ve lost my train my train of thought…where was I?

My greatest issue with the majority of ranters is the fact that they are completely inconsiderate, egocentric, and benighted! They do not give you a choice regarding whether you want to hear the rant or not: you are forced to listen.What makes it even worse is that is unexpected; one minute you are discussing the latest movie and the next minute your ear is being burned off by the river of utter nonsense that is flowing out of their mouth.

Woah, hold on!

When did this rapid transition occur? Most importantly, I cannot recall informing you that I am desperate to be bombarded with all the issues that you find bothersome, which to be unimpeachable, I could not care less about…

There is no escape! The ranter has you trapped! Goodness, gracious me, where is the mute button when you most need it?

Fine. Have your way. Rant, rage, rave. Blow your steam out. However, why am I expected to stay silent during your rant? It is a one-way conversation a monologue of self-obsession. No intervention, no comment, no opinion sharing. That is impudent! However, you know what isn’t impudent? The ranter bothering you with their problem(s) initially. No, they could not let you continue your day without causing you great desolation, despair, and disturbance. Keeping their problems to themselves is simply not possible! They are filled with hate and negative energy, something they are determined to spread…something that will never improve human relationships.

Yes. This is the reality of rants.

What is rather frightening is that ranters are EVERYWHERE. On television, in books, in classrooms, in movies, in shopping centers…in cinemas…in parks…in streets…in your own home! Let me reiterate: there is no escape! It is almost as if they are screaming in to your face ‘thou shalt not escape my grasp!’ Something that happily horrifies me…something that I find appealingly appalling…are the topics that these blowhards whinge and whine about. Tangled earphones; expensive make-up; having a purse too full of money; attending school; children. Please, give me a break.At least if you are going to rant, be productive. Rant about something serious,something that is a real problem. Racism, gender inequality, and poverty.

Anyone is capable of ranting. However, not anyone is capable of coming up with a realistic solution to a rant. We all say we want change. Change will not come without action. You have been ranting about the same issues for the past few years. Have you ever thought about how you could rid yourself of these problems?Yes, that is right. Sit down and for the first time in forever, put your brain into some use. Think. Think. Think. You know what? You might just come up with a solution…

Perhaps ranters should be prohibited from ranting anywhere they choose: certain restrictions should be put into place. Ranting should be treated like smoking,or drinking alcohol, or public display of affection. Limited to certain places.Like the Arctic Circle. Or at the top of mountain Everest. Or in the middle of the Sahara dessert.

Rant until your death approaches you…until you become a wilted flower, your arms limp,your shoulders sagging. At least we have been spared from your misery; there is no one within miles of you to destroy with your words.

You only have yourself to destroy.

A moment of epiphany; instead of spending this time in a useful fashion, I have just written a rather long rant.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Rant over?
Are you hoping paragraphs will save your thread from being removed by a mod?
err what the heck is that!
Reply 4
tldr;
Original post by musicFANCLUB
err what the heck is that!

Perhaps you should take a minute to read it. It will brighten up your life.
Reply 6
Original post by ATW1
Rant over?

Had you read the rant you would have not posed such an necessary question.

Spoiler

Original post by BasicMistake
Are you hoping paragraphs will save your thread from being removed by a mod?

My thread will not be removed by a moderator.
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Perhaps you should take a minute to read it. It will brighten up your life.

it will take me at least 5 min to read that :redface:
Original post by musicFANCLUB
it will take me at least 5 min to read that :redface:

A worthwhile read.
Two pieces of homework is nothing mate. :colone:
Reply 13
Lovely story boo
Original post by Rhythmical
Two pieces of homework is nothing mate. :colone:

Thank you for making me aware.
Original post by OGGUS
Lovely story boo

One would think you spend every minute of your life so productively that you have no time to read a worthwhile piece of writing.
Reply 16
Haha good author. Liking the juxtaposition
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Thank you for making me aware.

Well thank you for being so understanding.
Reply 18
lol when u crying bout 2 pieces of homework bitch i get booklets :colonhash:
Original post by z33
lol when u crying bout 2 pieces of homework bitch i get booklets :colonhash:

Please stop being ridiculous. You are making an assumption based on the first few lines of this piece. Read it all and then share your opinion, if it is of any worth.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending