College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Need some advice!!!

Hey guys!

Lets say I was to apply for a pupillage with:

10 gcses A-C
Two A levels BB (Psychology and French - native language by the way)
Two BTECs at Di*s
A 1st/2:1 degree in Law from City University

Along with mini pupillages and a 2 week wexp plus summer vacation schemes and masters at Oxford or Cambridge university

What do you guys think the chances of getting a pupillage are? Considering that its pretty competitive xD

Any advice given would be very much appreciated!!!
Reply 1
Original post by Layla-12
Hey guys!

Lets say I was to apply for a pupillage with:

10 gcses A-C
Two A levels BB (Psychology and French - native language by the way)
Two BTECs at Di*s
A 1st/2:1 degree in Law from City University

Along with mini pupillages and a 2 week wexp plus summer vacation schemes and masters at Oxford or Cambridge university

What do you guys think the chances of getting a pupillage are? Considering that its pretty competitive xD

Any advice given would be very much appreciated!!!

Many got pupillage with less, even with lower degree classes than a first or 2.1. Grades are not everything and certainly not in the graduate market. What will be very important are your answers, attitude, and how can you sell yourself during interviews.

Experience (placements, internships) is also a must. You can have a first from a top uni and not get through the interview stage. Every barrister in this country is not from Oxbridge, every barrister was not a first class student. Just believe in yourself, do your best, get experience, get extracurricular activities and work on mock interviews.

Grades tend to prove people that you are academically capable, but not professionally capable, and this is what many students don't understand. A certain grade is not a passport to certain positions. They need to work on themselves and be approchable, ambitious and learn how to make that clear in face-to-face environment. If pupillage is so competitive is not only because of grades, but because not everyone has what the bar needs, despite their grades. They need certain types of individuals.

I hope this helped.

(B at A Levels is an OK grades to get into the pupillage route, I wouldn't worry.)
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending