The Student Room Group

AQA HIS3L - From Defeat to Unity: Germany 1945-1991

started revising today, gone through sections 1 & 2
Reply 1
Any ideas on what's going to come up?
Reply 2
Original post by synod
Any ideas on what's going to come up?

I have no idea to be honest. At least the first three sections seem very straightforward.
Reply 3
I'm retaking this exam, last year was horrible!
Reply 4
thought more people would be doing this exam... hope kohl comes up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Any predictions as to what section & question will come up?
Reply 6
Original post by emanny
Any predictions as to what section & question will come up?

Crossing fingers for Adenauer and kohl! Although its unlikely to be kohl as there was an 89-91 question last year. It might not be Adenauer last year either as it was a denazification question from 49 onwards as well. As long as for the love of all that is good it is not the stupid Berlin Wall and reasons it was built, there will be some mercy.
Reply 7
Original post by Lh22
Crossing fingers for Adenauer and kohl! Although its unlikely to be kohl as there was an 89-91 question last year. It might not be Adenauer last year either as it was a denazification question from 49 onwards as well. As long as for the love of all that is good it is not the stupid Berlin Wall and reasons it was built, there will be some mercy.

Both Berlin wall question was asked twice as an section 3 question and kinda section 5 so probably won't come up again. Apart from section 1 in 2013& 2014 sections hasn't come up consecutively so yeah. Also looks like if a section hasn't come up for 2-3 years it comes up next but can't really predict these exams lol.
Reply 8
I've been told to avoid 60s-70s :L
Reply 9
Original post by Lh22
I've been told to avoid 60s-70s :L

lol why? i hope the questions are favorable, i won't be doing a breadth/overview question lol, not prepared for any.
Reply 10
Original post by emanny
lol why? i hope the questions are favorable, i won't be doing a breadth/overview question lol, not prepared for any.

To quote my teacher, 'it's just a bit of a meh period'. I think I prefer overview because there is more room for interpretation and you don't need to be as specific/ go into as much depth.
How did everyone find it?
Reply 12
Original post by vickyife1
How did everyone find it?

Thought we were very lucky getting reunification, Adenauer and Survival of the GDR!
I know I did question 2 and 3,but I wished I wrote more specifics and in question 3 I didn't include Gorbachev in detail or America at all
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
such a good exam, think grade boundaries are going to be high though !!
i did Q1 & Q3. what did everyone else do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by vickyife1
I know I did question 2 and 3,but I wished I wrote more specifics and in question 3 I didn't include Gorbachev in detail or America at all

i didn't mention america either... was it important?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vices
i didn't mention america either... was it important?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No not really I just really wasn't specific in that question 🙃🙃🙃🙃
Reply 17
I did question 1 and 2, I think I misquoted Fulbrook :L
Original post by Lh22
I did question 1 and 2, I think I misquoted Fulbrook :L

That doesn't really matter some of my friends made up quotes
Reply 19
Decent exam. Did 2+3.

For both questions I answered with points in date chronology, and in Q3, for reasons to support, I did Ostpolitik of 1970, resulting in 1972 Basic Treaty, which paved way for FRG loans to GDR so GDR was reliant by 1980. Against that, I did role of Gorbachev from 1985-89, role of GDR leaders in 1989, and role of Kohl in 1900.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending