The Student Room Group

Media WJEC Monday revision tips?

Hi, is anyone else struggling with what and how to revise for monday's Media Studies exam? Does anyone have any suggestions on what to revise and good websites?

Thanks
I'm struggling too. One thing that's important to do is memorise several different trailers for several different themes. E.g. memorise The Hunger Games & The Homesman for gender, or Pan & The Lady in the Van for age, or Invictus & 9/11 World Trade Centre for nationality, and Pride & Straight Outta Compton for cultural/ethnicity questions... that sort of thing, so you're not stumped when a 'talk about how age is represented in two trailers'. Also use general trailers (the three I think I'll use are The World's End, Jurassic World and The Hunger Games) for stuff about narrative etc.

Make sure you know your camera angles. And it goes without saying: terminology. Unfortunately that's where you get your marks. I dropped about five marks on my mock because I just completely forgot about key words etc.

Also, for section B, make up a poster for every genre, right now. Think of different designs, names, plots, taglines, etc. So when you get into the exam and you see 'design a sci-fi poster' you can just write down the poster you did for 'Aliens Gone Wild' or whatever.

Practise answers! Especially for industry & organisation. Memorise all the theories. You get marks for theories. So you can just shove in a Maslow's need or whatever when you want.

Good luck! x
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Thank you! this has helped me a lot, good luck as well! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending